Sign in to follow this  
Cody

Kwik way loader

Cody

I just finished doing a complete restoration my 417-A W/FEL that i bought over the summer. When I bought it it didn't run and had 3 coats of bright yellow paint mopped all over it and it had to go. Anyways when i roll the bucket back with nothing in it the hydraulics will squeal like the relief pressure is set to low??? It also does this when you lower the bucket but not as bad. The pump seems strong and will lift the tractor up in the air or lift a full bucket of dirt with ease but the squealing gets annoying. If you only pull the lever back a little bit and not the full way it wont squeal. Any thoughts on how i can fix this???

WH nut

You are going to have to put a set of gauges on it and see what the pressure is. Sounds to me like you are just hearing the relief opening and you may not to be able to get around it

Deere Hunter

My Kwik Way loader does the exact same thing ever since I put it on my 417-8. When it was on my C141 I did not notice the squeal. But I didnt use it much on that tractor. I first thought it was air in the lines??? Last winter I had the pump lock up and installed a new one. First time I used it, it was quiet. Then after running the loader up and down and fully extending the arms, the squealing returned :ychain:

It's been that way for 8 years now. If you find out how to fix it I would love to know to.

jtmoyer

i noticed my ark 550 making noise after i changed one of the hoses to control the tilt. i had to take off a reducer to put on the new hose as i had the "right" connections. i have a feeling that is what is causing the squeal, but i have not added the reducer back in to check it. other then the hose that is the only thing that has changed and only on the tilt not the lift.

just my 2cents.