Sign in to follow this  
Docwheelhorse

Got my Butt kicked by..... Tecumseh Carb

Docwheelhorse

Hello All---

you guys aren't going to believe this one. I put together a 1968 Trail Blazer 7 snow thrower a couple of weeks ago and ran it for at least an hour over the course of several "test and Tune" sessions. Well this morning I go out @ 5 am and it starts and runs .... for flippin 25' and just falls flat and dies. I yank and yank and it kinda runs on the choke and then won't even run on that. I top off the tank thinking its not getting fuel because I'm kinda on a hill and the tank is below half. Well it starts and runs for 2-3 minutes and quits. I drag it over to the garage (yes during the blizzard...) and pull the carb off and everything looks fine. :D I put it back together and pull the rope (clear out of the machine... :ychain: ). I grab the extension cord and start it on the electric and it runs for yes... 2-3 minutes and quits...... I leave the no good rotten piece of you know what TECUMSEH for dead and proceed to clean the yard with a shovel, the C141 42" blower and the C125 48" plow. Tonight I drag the blower into the garage and tear it down AGAIN.... still don't see anything wrong and the needle and seat ISN'T sticking. I decide to drain the gas tank and check the on/off valve--which is brand new but that doesn't mean it isn't junk. Well NOTHING is coming out and now I'm getting :hide: . So....... I TAKE OFF THE GAS CAP and it starts flowing like crazy... I go NO BLIPPITY BLAPPING WAY..... :D and go out to my parts pile and grab another gas cap and a good recoil assembly. I throw the machine back together and its purring like a kitten at idle and roaring like a lion when the going gets tough in the deep stuff!! GOD I LOVE TECUMSEHS!!! :D

Anyways... moral of the story is "The simpliest stuff is what kills you every time!"

Happy Snow Removal

Tony

puddlejumper

learned that lesson on a chainsaw years ago. And every few years I get to learn it again on something else. But its always after pulling a rope way to many times :ychain:

ducky

:ychain: I've done that many time's. glad u fixed the problem.

TT

That's what you get for talking them down all the time. :ychain: :D

Docwheelhorse

SO THATS WHAT TT REALLY MEANS!!!!!

TECUMSEH TERRY!!!!

Tony

Coadster32

Son of a B@@@h. I know that feeling. Glad you got it squared away though.

Sparky

So if the stinkin thing is running good why dont I hear you clearing my driveway with it right now :ychain: . I'll even put the outside light on for ya!

Mike.......

:D

Docwheelhorse

Mike... I would gladly come over and clear your driveway... but listening to you :D for the next three days on how I wrecked your fun would make me cry....

If the Onan won't start you know how to get ahold of me and I can get that driveway spotless.... For $89.95 I'll clear ANY driveway!!! :D

Going :ychain: but does anybody besides me remember Earl Shive and his "I'll paint any car for $89.95 routine..." what a classic....

Tony

rickv1957

Yep,been and done that!!!!!

TT

does anybody besides me remember Earl Shive and his "I'll paint any car for $89.95 routine..

Oh yeah..... good old Earl Scheib - and behold the power of You Tube:

Ranks right up there with Crazy Eddie - whose prices were practically INSANE! :ychain:

can whlvr

at least it didnt cost any coin,just some grey hairs and time.

Roger from southern Iowa

I had the same experience last summer.....in a parade.

I felt like a FOOL when I found the problem!!!!!! :ychain:

Don1977

I have a 2 cycle Echo weed eater that will not run unless the gas cap is sealed. I gas it up and lost the cork seal out of the cap couldn't get it to run until I found something to make a seal.