Sign in to follow this  
Cleaverkid

Let there be light...please!

Cleaverkid

Chris, you ARE the man!!! You just did all my work and answered all my questions by example!!! Thank you! :banghead::thumbs::ROTF:

Just one little question...I see that you put a connector in for hood removal. Can you show me a pic or describe what you did? That's the one litle detail I was still a little stumped with.

To the rest of you guys, again, YOU ROCK!!!

I love Redsquare! :hide:

wh79d160

Chris, :banghead: but where did you get the seat?? :thumbs:

Coadster32

where did you get the seat??

A buddy of mine who comes into alot of things. I had to make an adapter plate to get it to bolt onto the curved seat spring support :thumbs: It actually sat me up a bit higher, and makes the tractor look a bit bigger than it actually is. (The fat rear tires do that also).

Just one little question...I see that you put a connector in for hood removal. Can you show me a pic or describe what you did? That's the one litle detail I was still a little stumped with.

I just used a crimp connector. I'll post up some pics tonight for you.

You just did all my work and answered all my questions by example!!! Thank you!

Glad to hear that. I kind of felt like I hi-jacked this thread, so it's nice to hear from you again. I plan on putting in a rear light, and a reverse light that triggers off the tranny shifter. I'll keep posting in here so you can follow that one to. If anything, I hope this puts a fire under you, and a bit of confidence, to get-r-done! :banghead:

Cleaverkid

Thanks again, Chris. A simple crimp connector was what I had in mind, but the way you wrote it originally, gave me the impression that you had some really neat, elegant blade connector or something like that! Guess I'm reading more into this than I should, huh? BTW, I like the looks of those lights on your roundhood! :banghead:

As far as the fire is concerned, it's become more a matter of time and money for me! :thumbs: Kids have been home for the holidays and they've always got something for "daddy" to fix or somewhere for the family to go, and of course all of that means more extra money out of the kitty so "momma" wonders where all the extra money is coming from! So I just let my "play time" and "play money" go for now and trust the good Lord to keep lights where they belong on me. :ROTF:

Besides, we're into the typical January weather now...cold days, even colder nights, but the heaviest accumulation seems to be the frost on my windsheild since I've give my garage spot to a daughter! Speaking of which, gotta go scrape!

See ya all!!!

Coadster32

Here is a couple of pics under the hood for you. There are a couple of things to point out, and photobucket let's you add arrows and stuff. (This is my first time trying it.)

pics047.jpg

The green arrows show where I had to splice wires, as the wires on the lights are short. I soldered them together and then covered them up with heat-shrink tubing. This should help keep moisture out.

The yellow arrow shows where I spliced both wires together into one. Again, Soldered, and heat shrink tubed. I then ran the wire in a plastic harness for protection, and looks.

The blue arrow just shows the crimp connector. It's a better quality one, and covers the connector well. I also used heat-shrink tubing on it.

The red arrows are to show an idea that I had. If you buy the green re-useable shopping bags, some of them come with a piece of thin plasic in them. I took a small piece of it and cut two holes in it. One for the bolt to hold it in place, and the other to hold the wire. This keep the wires more-or-less tight to the sheet metal, so you don't see them thru the hood grill.

BTW-the center bolt is for my hood ornament.

pics048.jpg

This picture is taken looking down on the carb. you can see the blue connector in my hand. I ran the wire down thru that space between the bracket and the carb. You can hardly see it at all when it's all together. The wire runs along-side the gas line back to the switch from there. (barely noticeable) :banghead:

Cleaverkid

COOL Chris! That's awesome! :banghead:

Now I can only think of one more little thing you could do for me....

Want to come out here and put mine on for me! :thumbs:

See, you said you hoped you'd like a fire!

This will definitely be a project in the very near future.

Coadster32

http://www.visionxusa.com/LED/c1/index.html

Nice indeed. The only downfall I see is that you could get another tractor for that price :banghead:

chesbaycruiser

Holy S**t! :thumbs:

"You'd like a pair of 4" floods? Well great sir...just step over here to speak to our loan officer...."

:banghead:

Coadster32

Well even thru all of the plowing and snowmobiling today, I made time to finish my lights on the 854. I hooked up a red LED strip bar that comes on with the headlights.

pics058.jpg

The bottom light comes on when I go into reverse.

pics059.jpg

This is the switch I mounted to activate the reverse light.

pics060.jpg

The lights are brighter than I originally thought. This wasn't my idea, but was pretty cool to do.

• Like 1

Cleaverkid

Chris, that is one awesome setup. I love that "backup light" deal. You rock, dude! :banghead:

Can you tell me where you got the LED strips? Were those a mail-in or fleebay purchase or did you pick them up locally? I'm not sure I could work up the reverse light switch deal, but the red strip is defintiely do-able.

:thumbs:

Duff

Nice work, Chris - love the backup light and switch you fabbed for it! :banghead:

Duff :thumbs:

Coadster32

Can you tell me where you got the LED strips?

http://www.easternmarine.com/Interior-Lighting-RVs-Trailers/

They were really good to deal with. They told me about a backordered item, and that allowed me to go a different direction w/o wasting time. I originally wanted an 8 inch strip for the white light, this one is only a 6. (Still ok in my book)

Thanks for the compliments, and hope this helps some others as well. :banghead: