Sign in to follow this  
chesbaycruiser

After the Work is Done

chesbaycruiser

Just thought I'd upload a shot that my friend snapped with his phone today as I was finishing up some plowing. I think I ended the day with seven driveways completed, as well as a bit of roadway! (Plus, I came home one container of fresh brownies richer to boot!)

More snow now please... :ychain:

wheel_horse035.jpg

HorseFixer

Looks Good Chris! :ychain:

SgtBob

How irritating !!! :ychain: You have more snow in Va. than we got here in MI

Ken B

Very Nice. Ain't nothing like fresh brownies! (don't forget the tall glass of cold milk)

Retired Wrencher

:D :D:ychain: Hi Chris nice set up I was thinking of putting a plow on the B-80 my self how does she push the snow??? does the 8hp have the power to push???? please let me know. I do know these are great little tractors I like mine a lot I do a lot of work with this little tractor. I have C141 I use now but at times I think it is to big for the amount of snow that we get. = tight spaces. Well T/Care Gary B..............

mavfreak

I have a commando 800 that I use from time to time. The power really isn't an issue as the weight of tractor. seamed to want to slide and spin alot. My C161 pushes with no problems and rarely spins or slides.

I would guess you want more snow for more brownies. Good trade if you ask me

JimD

Wow, you just cleaned up the whole neighborhood. Great job! :ychain:

rickv1957

Looking good there Chris!!!

racinfool40

Great lookin machine!!!! I love all those extra treats that seem to come my way when you help some one out.. Great feeling and are they good!!! :ychain:

dwayneGT

Looks like you and I were doing the same thing today. Except I didn't get any brownies :ychain:

can whlvr

gotta love them brownies

chesbaycruiser

T1257,

I have had no problem pushing the snow with the B-80. Last year when the east coast was covered in "feet" of snow, I had no weights or chains, and although I did have some wheel-spin (on hills), I never got stuck. I can make a BIG pile of snow! :ychain:

This year I added the wheel weights which really helped. (I add about 185 lbs to the rig.) I still have occasional wheel spin, but no major issues.

I have chains, but I haven't put them on. At some point, I probably will get a set of the "rubber chains", but I'm not springing for them while I'm only semi-employed!

Good luck!

Oh yeah....the brownies were quite tasty!!!

d180man

Hi great looking photo ! keep up the good work ! :ychain: :D

Lane Ranger

Chris: That is a great snowfighting setup you have with your 1975 B-80!

And you sure need it in the bunch of snow you folks received this week!

I have a 1975 B-80 also with a 42 inch snowplow that I use to clean the drive off in Greencastle, IN. I waxed the front of that plow to protect the plow fac and move the snow off faster and that does seem to help.

You mentioned the rubber chains and I just bought a pair this year after using steel chains for several years. My drive had a new concrete job this year so I wanted something to lessen the chance of sutting into the concrete like the steel chains will do if you get to spinning a tire on the ice and snow.

100_9483.jpg

100_9480.jpg

wheelhorse656

:D:hide::ychain: Hi Chris nice set up I was thinking of putting a plow on the B-80 my self how does she push the snow??? does the 8hp have the power to push???? please let me know. I do know these are great little tractors I like mine a lot I do a lot of work with this little tractor. I have C141 I use now but at times I think it is to big for the amount of snow that we get. = tight spaces. Well T/Care Gary B..............

i use a 656 with a 6hp tecumseh to push snow with i do very well even in 3 gear. :D

wheelhorse656

You mentioned the rubber chains and I just bought a pair this year after using steel chains for several years. My drive had a new concrete job this year so I wanted something to lessen the chance of sutting into the concrete like the steel chains will do if you get to spinning a tire on the ice and snow.

100_9483.jpg

100_9480.jpg

Where did you get your rubber chains?

Lane Ranger

Chris: I bought my tire chains from this company in Pennsylvania. The were double the price of a good set of steel chains for the B-80 but like I said I just spent $7000 on new concrete for the drive so I splurged.

Very good quality and the grip well on ice and snow. I saw some folks on Red Square comment that they did not grip as well in slushy/wet snow but I used them one day last week in snow like that and they worked very well.

Might be because they are still new but seemed to grip as well as the old steel chains. I don't recall having any wheel spining from the transmission!

ASTA just needs you tire size and credit card number and they ship right away. A very good instruction sheet on installing also.

http://www.astatraction.com/

THE ASTA ADVANTAGE

Do your tire chains tear up or scratch your driveway?

Stop the damage with our ASTA Traction rubber tire chains.

ASTA tire chains offer:

chesbaycruiser

Thanks Lane...good info. Appreciate the link!

:ychain:

WH nut

Hey Lane Ranger, I was born and raised in Greencastle