Sign in to follow this  
Giles

Mower Clutch Repair

Giles

As my second post---I would like to share what I did to repair my mower clutch. As I remember, the clutch friction disc is mounted on a metal hub. At the time, I had no internet and the only dealer was 50 miles away.

I am a Tool&Die Maker and Mechanic--(retired) and this might not be easy for some.

I bought a friction disc for an electric motor that was larger and a little thicker then the original disc. I cut the disc I.D. and O.D to size, drilled the rivet holes to match and it has been on the machine for about 20 years! :D

It is critical that a DRY clutch be used instead of WET :ychain:

Just hope that it might save someone some money because, at the time, this was a relatively expensive part.

I also have a Gravely G16 that will need forward and reverse clutches replaced and they are of the same setup as the WH-- PTO clutch.

I have located a couple of disc for this repair, as the Gravely clutches are about $40.00 each but can be bought separately.

Kelly

It's always nice when you can do your own repair and save money at the same time, the PTO disk are around $50 new today.