Sign in to follow this  
swampedrj58

rj-58? maybe

swampedrj58

i have a wheelhorse round hood small, i think its an rj58 but it has a tecumseh 6hp motor on it. is this even a motor wheelhorse put on their tractors its a 6hp h60 heres a vid of the tractor and me tring to start it. also pictures of the clutch and brake assembly would be helpful for restoration. thanks!!! :ychain:

Sparky

The link doesnt work.

Mike......

:ychain:

Gene_S

:D Looks like a 58 or 59 (59 solid seat :ychain: ) The motor should be a Kohler or a Clinton.

Here is a link that works

swampedrj58

yea thats what i thought wasnt sure though i mean it has the origanal pullys on it but they coulda been pulled to be fit on this motor and brake and clutch are messed up i wanna see how to put it together

btrrg1969

:D nice lil tractor there , hope you can get it running :ychain:

MikesRJ

The motor is not original to the 58/59, but the H60 would have been installed on several 1963-1965 Wheel Horse models. The correct engine would have been a Kohler K90, K91, or a Clinton B-1200.

The hood and frame look to be an RJ-58, but I can't see the seat well enough to tell you if it is an early solid round seat from an RJ or not. Also, the throttle installed in the hood is not original, but appears to be installed through the original throttle cable pass-through hole.

Post a few more pictures of it and we'll tell you what you have there.

RJ-58

RJ58-023-SM.jpg