Sign in to follow this  
bmuone

Hydro question

bmuone

When the transmission filter is mounted horizontally (as on a C-175, 417A and many more) and above the transmission or axle...what happens to the oil in the filter and the hydro hose when the engine is cut off? Does it drain out of the filter to the bottom of the tank or does is just stop flowing and stay in the filter and hoses?

Uncle BO

iT's my belief that there is a one way valve in the filter and when the pressure is off the oil will stay in the filter. :ychain:

unclebo

bmuone

Thanks UncleBo. I was just wondering about that when checking the oil level. Would the level go up or down depending on when you cut the engine off? But if it is cut off from draining out of the filter, should make no difference when to check it.

HorseFixer

iT's my belief that there is a one way valve in the filter and when the pressure is off the oil will stay in the filter. :D

unclebo

Uncle BO thats what I Thought too :D but I found out I was wrong I ran into this last year when I was putting together the Snow Chucker. Below Is The Link To The Thread. :ychain:

Wheel Horse Filter