Sign in to follow this  
VinsRJ

Going, Going.... Gone! Merry Christmas!

VinsRJ

Well I just found out late yesterday afternoon that "The Man" sold the company I work for..... and I will be out of a job and pounding the pavement in 8 to 12 weeks.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to me! :ychain:

btrrg1969

Sorry to hear that , good luck in finding a job

stevasaurus

:D That sucks Vince...sorry man. :ychain:

dclarke

Sorry to hear that Vince.

wallfish

That SUCKS! Is there any chance the new owner would keep you on?

JimD

Vince, I'm really sorry to hear this news. I know what it's like be suddenly be without a job you've had for some time, but keep the faith. Get busy on your resume and hit the ground running the first of the year. It really is true that when one door closes, another opens.

Horse'n Around

Vince, I'm really sorry to hear that. Keep your chin up,I bet you end up with an even better job. Ill keep you in my prayers.

John

MikesRJ

Buddy, I feel your pain. Believe me I do. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. Like the other's said; it sucks, we're sorry to hear it, and we'll all be praying for you. Come the first of the year, hit every contact you ever made in the business and ask. Many jobs aren;t posted, and some magically appear because they know you're out of work and would like to see you working for them. Good luck and I hope it's a short lived set-back.

Operator

Why couldn't he have waited a couple days till after Christmas?

Kick him in the shins!

Randy

chazm

Sorry to hear that Vince, :hide:

I was in the same boat last Christmas, Wife and I were both out of work.

Take a little advice... As hard as it may be , Put it out of your head and enjoy the holiday with your family. :ychain:

Start the new year with a positive attitude and look forward.

That door is closing ,but there is always another door opening in your future.

Trust me, I leaned this the hard way.

Best of luck :D

Chaz :D

Uncle BO

Vince only met you a couple of times,but know that you will bounce right back. All the best to you and family,Merry Christmas and Better NEW YEAR :ychain:

unclebo

Suburban 550

Really sorry to hear that, Vin. I was in the same boat back in August and felt totally devastated. Made some connections throughout the years with many different people who actually told other people I was available because my last job closed its doors. After collecting unemployment for only 5 weeks I ended up with a choice of two jobs which I unfortunately chose the wrong one as my first choice. Lasted only 7 days at that one and resorted to the second one which I started on October 21. To make a long story short, the boss I'm working for now told other people he wish he would have hired me 20 years ago and I am very grateful to have ended up where I'm at. So hold your head up, Vin and hopefully something good will come your way. :ychain: Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

VinsRJ

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all of your suppotive comments.

I know there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel. Its not like this really came out of no where..... corporate had been sticking it to us for about four or five months. We just didn't think that two days before Christmas they would give us the gift of happiness, so to speak.

Over the last month or so I started laying the ground work. I've already had one interview, which was a good learning experience. I haven't had to interview in nearly nine years. There seems to be positions out there, its just that 3000 people apply for any one of those positions. :ychain:

I wish all of you a Very Merry Christmas and a Safe and Happy New Year! :D

VinsRJ

That SUCKS! Is there any chance the new owner would keep you on?

John, there has been some conversations about this. From what I have been told its 50/50 at best if the new company offers this option and the business is relocating to FL.

With my over all family structure, relocating to FL is most likely not in the cards.

TT

What exactly is it that you do? :D (sorry if I missed it)

I know exactly what it's like - having gone through a similar deal almost three years ago. Things were scary at first, but I ended up with a complete career change and couldn't be happier now - unless they told me I could stay home and still get paid. :D

I can't do anymore than wish you "good luck", but I'm sure things will work out. :ychain:

VinsRJ

I work/worked for a large insurance company here is CT. I settled catastrophic Workers Compensation losses; quadriplegics, paraplegics, 50%+ whole body burn victims, amputees

dgoyette

Sorry to hear that Vince. Sounds like you have skills that can land you a job quickly. Disability companies are almost always hiring for skilled adjudicators.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas knowing this will work out just fine. Who knows maybe you will land a new position that pays even more and with better benefits.

rickv1957

Sorry to hear that news Vince!!