Sign in to follow this  
yorkiesB-80

Snowblower

yorkiesB-80

tried out my snowblower this morning and it didnt work very good I had only 2 to three inchs of snow and it just seem to collect in the shute and jam the auger. The belt is real tight and free spins with no load real well. maybe i just need more snow?

wallfish

Yup, more snow will help. The single stage blowers work best when they get loaded up. Try speeding up. It takes just a little getting used to for the speed and conditions but once you get the hang of it, you'll get it flyin.

kajamo240

This will also happen if you store it in a heated garage or barn. This will cause the snow to melt and then immediately freeze and jam it up. Make sure to keep it cold and try going faster. Get that engine working!

Kelly

Yes a cold blower and engine at full speed, blowers do work best with 6" or more snow, that is why I have 2 tractors set up for winter duty, 1 with a blower 1 with plow, and you will find a good number of others here do also.

yorkiesB-80

Thanks guys i think i will be shopping for a plow this summer and oh course maybe another tractor to go along with My b-80 (why not) This is to much fun

Kelly

where you located?? we might be able to set you up.

WH nut

And dont forget. If its a heavy wet snow there is no getting around it. Spin fast go slow

Lane Ranger

One other suggestiojn is using a product like Sno-Jet on your snowblower.

I have used the last two years and I found it to assist the movement of the snow off the auger and chute very well.

But also the comemnts John, Matt and Kelly added about the single stage blower are right on too.

A cold blower works better than one coming froma warmerd garage.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirec...x20101116xGPROD

Mdi Sno-Jet

NON-STICK spray ELIMINATES snow buildup for easy cleaning FORMULATED for metal surfaces to prevent snow buildup and clogging HELPS equipment operate cleanly and efficiently PROTECTS your equipment form snow buildup and clogs EXTENDS -formula improves fuel efficiency and reduces wear and tear on the engine

:ychain:

yorkiesB-80

I used the B-80, started playing with it to see what works best with this snowblower ,Going fast and attacking the snow diffently works best.

Thanks for all the info :ychain: