Sign in to follow this  
jasoncracer

my tractor

jasoncracer

Ok several people here at redsquare can't figure me out! If the tractor can't,and or has nothing left to be done to it i move on to the next one. If it is not snowing and i cant push snow, and there is no snow in the forecast,and i have enough time to grab another i do so. I love the challenge on getting these machines running almost to perfect! That is my part in the hobby i enjoy :ychain: Thank you to all you guys!

wheelhorsec85

enough said . perfect :ychain: .. now . here is a perfect question .

to everybody . :D

what is the best part you enjoy in this hobby . and if you can only pick one part which would it be .

mine is finding the tractors . its like a treasure hunt . you never no what else you are gonna see or find along the way :D:hide: :D

zieg72

If I had to pick one... finding this forum-meeting fellow WH guys, OK, that was 2

corn53

Finding,fixing and using :hide::D:D :ychain:

wheelhorsec85

Finding,fixing and using :hide::D:D:ychain:

thats 3 . only one please . its the very best part you like .

dennist

My favorite is to buy them and re-sell them, even if I own them for just a short time. This way I have been able to try many different models, to meet many previous owners and meet many new owners. It has been alot of fun for me this way-I know from reading in the posts earlier, there are alot of people who do not agree with this, but it is a BLAST for me! -Dennis

Operator

Meeting the former owners of my "new to me" tractor!! Can't beat that.

Side note to that would be the road trips I've done.

Randy

COMMANDO1

Using and tinkering, something to do and get me out of the house.

Horse'n Around

When I finally got my Raider 10 a few months ago. I had only seen it from a distance thru a fence, never up close and half the fun was getting it home and seeing what I had and what had to be done to it to fix it up.it was kind of like opening a Christmas present. Wheel Horses are incredible machines. I have so much fun taking one getting it running just right. I have yet to get to the cosmetic part, but I have dont restorations in the past and that holds rewards all its own, and Im really looking forward to restoring my Horses when I get a Mancave.

John

Ken B

The hunt is fun but I enjoy the restoration process the most.

Jason: I think Mother Nature is going to get the best of you sooner or later. Soon enough she is going to catch you with yer pants down (snow tractorless) and you will be snow shoveling! :ychain:

stevasaurus

For me...I just love going to the shows and the fun I have meeting all the people. :D

Think I went to six shows last year, and met close to one hundred members. :ychain: All great people and tons of fun. :D

TT

what is the best part you enjoy in this hobby . and if you can only pick one part which would it be .

Watching a couple or three guys from CT doing their wheelin' & dealin' on a daily basis.

ChasingItsTail.jpg

Y'all ought to try to get a reality TV show. :ychain:

wheelhorsec85

Watching a couple or three guys from CT doing their wheelin' & dealin' on a daily basis.

ChasingItsTail.jpg

Y'all ought to try to get a reality TV show. :D

ya tt and can you believe it were all friends :ychain: . :hide::D :D

TT

ya tt and can you believe it were all friends

I couldn't even begin to imagine it if you all hated each other! :ychain:

fireman

ChasingItsTail.jpg

Y'all ought to try to get a reality TV show. :ychain:

Now that some funny stuff :D:D:hide:

TT you hit the nail on the head!

wheelhorsec85

I couldn't even begin to imagine it if you all hated each other! :ychain:

hay tt ,is a love hate thing <_< .me personally , if i didnt have all these guys here in ct dong this , i probably wouldnt eather . to me it would be kinda boring :D :D

MikesRJ

I couldn't even begin to imagine it if you all hated each other! :D

:hide: Now THAT'S funny! :ychain: :D

truckin88

Those boys from CT sure do move a lot of stuff in and out :ychain:

6wheeler

Hooking up my mb plow, and turnin dirt. Nothing like the smell of freshly worked ground :D:D:D:hide: ...C'mon spring, Hurry up and get here :ychain:

Anglo Traction

Mine's hearing and seeing a 'Red One' Fire Up on 1st turn of the Key after a full Resto....most rewarding.

CTPATRIOT

I could never name just one thing,there are far too many :ychain: .

dgoyette

It's the collecting aspect for me. I don't really care for the aspect of buy/sell. Not that I have anything against others doing this, I just don't enjoy it myself. I like to buy just not to sell! :D Buy and sell is what our economy is based on!

I have purchased only 12 tractors so far but I haven't sold any! Collecting parts and implements is a blast too.

What bugs me is when someone posts desperation, "need" and :ychain::D and then has it for sale by days end. It is just so very insincere.

I have to come to grips that I will have to sell some at some point!!!

jpmcleod

Jason. I am much older than you and I look back at some of the classic cars I have rebuilt and sold. Some are now worth a fortune, such as 2 1966 and 1 1967 GTO's , a 1967 Buick Grand Sport. I have rebuilt a lot of cars and enjoyed it. My point is, I did all the work and someone else enjoyed driving them.

I understand that you must be young and posses a lot of ambition and appearant knowledge. Nothing wrong with that.

Wheel Horse trtactors are increasing in value and could be your financial stability in the future.

Just think. If you bought and kept the tractors you buy, rebuild and sell, 20 years from now if you kept them, you would have a valuable collection. I sure wish I had done that with my muscle cars. That's why I am keeping my Wheel Horses.

Good luck with you hobbie, you seem to enjoy it.

Operator

Hooking up my mb plow, and turnin dirt. Nothing like the smell of freshly worked ground B):D:hide::D ...C'mon spring, Hurry up and get here :D

I think you might have to wait just a tad Pat, winter hasn't even started yet. :ychain:

Randy

PS Can you hear the Vikings whinning without their roof. You're a little closer than me.

Trouty56

I like the thought of the history behind each one. Somebody bought each one and used it for various things. Think of the work that was done with each one. Some of you guys have restored tractors that will last over a century!!

Darren, don't let what makes others happy bug you. Life is way too short. You have 12 tractors!! But I don't let that bug me!! :ychain: