Sign in to follow this  
.5racer

Back Blade

.5racer

Started this about 6 months back , time to get done for this winter. Its the other half of the drain from the mid blade ( yes I need to get that done as well ). What I need to know , does it look too far from the tractor , should I shortin it up ????

DSC00470.jpg

Would like some input !!! Thanks

.5racer

Three point hook up to blade is 34 " ,, . But with the snow blade on the front its 12 ' , yes 12' total length... Lookin to get a trailer total dedicated to this D !!!!!!

Thanks , Terry

TT

I'd say that common practice is to make it so that the blade will just clear the rear tire(s) when rotating it 180 degrees. (so you can push in reverse)

.5racer

I was going to make it hydrolic adjust so the 180 wont work unless you unhook and spin around by hand , Besides backing up is for smoothing ,,,,right ?? :ychain:

TT

Turning the blade completely around and pushing in reverse is normally for snow removal - so you don't drive through the snow and pack it down before the blade can scrape the surface.

It also comes in handy if you need to push something off of an edge or make a berm or small pile.

Turning the blade around and driving forward will level stones, dirt, etc. without trying to peel it up or dig in.

bigblue12v

If you're using this in conjunction with the front blade then I see little or no point in needing to spin it around backward. I sort of get the impression you're going to backdrag with this rear blade and do the main pushing with the front blade. Am i right?

.5racer

that was the plan

bigblue12v

I like it. As a snow removal professional I see the efficiency you have in mind with this unit. I run a 60" power angle power lift trip blade up front and a 46" snowthrower on back of my 520H. Primarily use it for my circle driveway and couple neighbor driveways that suck to even attempt with big plow trucks we use......... we've discussed using the tractor for sidewalks at some larger commercial properties but transporting it requires dragging a trailer around, a monstrous inconvenience so we are avoiding it at this time....

Ole MN

It dosn't seem that you can angle your blade but if you do remeber when you angle the blade you lose plowing width. I have a 5' and it works great.

AMC RULES

I run a 60" power angle power lift trip blade up front and a 46" snowthrower on back of my 520H.

Can you share a picture of your 520 setup this way? :ychain:

AMC RULES

OK, thanks Terry. :ychain:

.5racer

In the pic you see a bolt head. Under that a washer, verry thick. Next would be a boss with a spiral grease cut grove alumabronze sleeve for wear. The pin is a machined chrome pin ,chrome was left on the pivot area ,but removed for the weld area ..Will post pics whern done ..... Terry

sorekiwi

Blade looks really nice, Terry!

I hate looking at pictures of stuff done by real fabricators! Makes me feel really inadequate!! :ychain:

bigblue12v

Thanks for posting the link to my pics TT :ychain:

rickv1957

Nice work on your blade!!!