Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Still Searching

T-Mo

When I go into something or when I want to purchase something, I usually go overboard researching it. It's the same with my new addiction with Wheel Horse. I would love to find a reasonable price copy of the book "Straight from the Horse's Mouth", but the only copy I saw on ebay was way too high to justified bidding on it. I know there is a new version coming out and I can't wait. Until then though I been "Googling" "Wheel Horse" and found some things, say like this sales thingy from England:

Wheel Horse History

I'm still searching and maybe some day I'll find that reasonable price copy of the book. :D

kj4kicks

Nice article. Thanks for the link.

I'm like you, I'd like to read the book, but will wait for a better deal :D

Eldon.

Sparky

Hindsight 20/20........I bought my book online for like $23 plus a couple bucks for shipping 4 years ago. If I had known that a book about lawn and garden tractors would be bringin 3-5 times its value in only 4 years I woulda bought a case of em.

Mike.....

perry

Hindsight 20/20........I bought my book online for like $23 plus a couple bucks for shipping 4 years ago. If I had known that a book about lawn and garden tractors would be bringin 3-5 times its value in only 4 years I woulda bought a case of em.

Mike.....

well ya better make us some photo copys . half price ofcourse :D

T-Mo

Yes, share, please. :D

Curmudgeon

I have a book too, but it's NOT going anywhere! LOL

I've read different history's online, but can I find the bookmark? Heck no. I think I have some stored on my computer as well, but breakfast is ready. If anyone is interested, I'll see if I can't post them here later.

Dale

T-Mo

I have a book too, but it's NOT going anywhere! LOL

I've read different history's online, but can I find the bookmark? Heck no. I think I have some stored on my computer as well, but breakfast is ready. If anyone is interested, I'll see if I can't post them here later.

Dale

Do birds fly? Yes, please post them if you can find them. Like I said, I'm an addict when it comes to finding and researching stuff I get interested in.

And if you have the book, I don't blame you for hoarding it - this book seems to be very rare and treasured!

Curmudgeon

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Lane/23...ne/history.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------

History

The following story has been compiled from information received

through Toro, and other articles I have collected, and old sales,

and promotion booklets.

If anyone has documentation that contradicts the information in

this story I would be happy to make any necessary changes for the

sake of accuracy.

This is a story that starts out way before the brand name "Pond" or "Wheel

Horse."

It starts out with the name "Shaw." Elmer Pond and his associates, Glen

Hielman and Harold Pond worked for many years for Shaw making tractors.

These tractors were produced out of motorcycle and automotive parts and were

made for the bigger gardens and small orchards.

After a while the three men decided to build their own tractor and go into

business for them selves. Harold Pond had worked for Shaw since the 1920

T-Mo

Dale,

Thanks for the history. Good reading there.

nylyon

That is just great reading. I added the link to the links page

CHARGER9AUTO

I think what made the Wheel Horse show more interesting is when Cecil Pond was their with his wife Betty everyone waited paiently to get his autograph or have picture taken with him I got my '67 L-107 Lawn Ranger original owner's manual I'd bought at show signed

Sparky

Yer right about that Ben. Having the people in the Wheel horse book show up at the show was totally cool. I think they genuinely had a good time as they stayed for hours. I wonder why the girl on page 73 wasnt there :D ??

Mike.......

kpinnc

I would think she is "quite a bit" older now.... YUCK! :D

Curmudgeon

I'm older now too!!!!!!!! So I would LOVED to have seen her there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dale

CHARGER9AUTO

Yer right about that Ben. Having the people in the Wheel horse book show up at the show was totally cool. I think they genuinely had a good time as they stayed for hours. I wonder why the girl on page 73 wasnt there :P ??

Mike.......

Mike, I brought my Wheel Horse story book to the show when Cecil Pond was there one year taking autographs and having your picture taken with him inside the front cover he wrote To Ben Good Luck ! Cecil E Pond :D

Ben

T-Mo

There seems to be a lot of members here who have the book. Too bad we couldn't have a library to sign out books like this. Of course, this book would always be signed out. :D

Anyone know then the next edition comes out?

CasualObserver

It's a huge mystery. Mike Martino popped onto the main yahoo group at Thanksgiving last year and said he was just finishing it up, and hoped to have it out by March. Well, March came and went, and nothing but a bunch of "Where is it?" I have noticed that he's been buying A LOT of the vintage ads and brochures lately on ebay... I speculate he's gather "page fillers" for the book. Guess we'll just keep waiting! whistling.gif

Curmudgeon

I had a thought the other day......

yeah, yeah, yeah, I know.....................

What do you think would happen if say, 100 people wrote the publishing company who printed the first book, and asked if they were thinking about a second printing?

I mean, books get sold out, and go into second, third, fourth, printings of the same book all the time.

Dale, has a headache now...................

Buzz

I

What do you think would happen if say, 100 people wrote the publishing company who printed the first book, and asked if they were thinking about a second printing?

Dale, has a headache now...................

Mike probably had to pay the publisher to get his book published, you know, "vanity press" I think they call it. That being the case he would have to pay them for a second printing. With the demand on all the Wheel Horse sites I can't see why he hasn't.

nylyon

One place to try is your library. I found a copy of the book at Hagaman Memorial Library in East Haven, CT. I'm going to see if my library can get it on inter-library loan. Sure, don't get to keep it but at lease you would be able to read it once.