Sign in to follow this  
tmix

Front TIRE Chain

tmix

Snowblowereliferods005.jpg

Snowblowereliferods007-1.jpg

Trying what some one suggested had some old garage door opener chain laying around.Costed me A whole .50 for master links at small engine shop. People say it steers like it on Rails I am going to give it the U.P. Try Tommrow and putting chains on rear wheels in morning can't wait to try the old Horse out . Thanks again for all the HELP guys !!!

T Mix & the Old lady!! :ychain:

btrrg1969

will it stay on the tire ?

Duff

will it stay on the tire ?

From what I've read in other posts about this, the trick is to drop the air pressure so you can force the chain on and make it compress the tire a little, then re-air the tire so it fattens up around the chain. Supposedly works pretty slick!

Duff :ychain:

Kelly

I picked up some motorcycle chain this summer but have not put it on yet, let us know how it works out.

wheelhorsec85

: hay great pics !!! I'm doing the same thing today . saw the thread about a month or so ago . :ychain:

MalMac

What does this putting a chain on the front do to paved & concrete drives when the front end bites down for traction on bare pavement? Sounds like a good idea as long as it does not leave marks all over the place. I don't have to worry, I have nothing but gravel. But I have seen marks on pavement where rear wheels have spun and left marks that don't go away.

Kelly

I would have to say if you run tire chains on the rear you probably are safe and don't mind a few marks, but if your the guy that will not use chains you probably don't want these.

dandan111

I bet it adds to the rough ride a bit.

perry

I bet it adds to the rough ride a bit.

it rides alot smoother with the sprocket style chain. i run this style and it works great. but, i would suggest you crimp the chain together rather than a clip style master. i had a master clip pop off about 30min after i was plowing. i didn't notice right away, never did find that chain :ychain: .

tmix

:ychain: No rough ride. I used a master link on mine It steers better now works. The blower is so heavy I could not steer at all.I used a garage door opener chain a 32 because thats what I had .The bigger the chain the better t mix

rickv1957

Looks like the chains would work great!! Rick

Cleaverkid

I've been planning to do this on my 854 but keep forgetting to measure the diameter of the tire to get the chain length I need. :ychain: Since I know I'll forget again until I'm actually in the middle of a mess, can someone give me an idea how long I need the chains to be?

Looks like a great idea!