Sign in to follow this  
Zeek

Need Some Opinions These (PICTURES!!)

Zeek

Ok, I found a couple tractors for sale and looked at them today. Let me know what you think about each one. I may spring for one depending on your input.

#1 - think it's a 72? ????Raider 12. Runs good, comes with nice plow and deck. $500 firm. I'm not sure the decals are correct on this. I can't find another 12 with the same WHEEL HORSE on the hood.

2010-12-18_14-09-08_97.jpg

2010-12-18_14-09-22_110.jpg

2010-12-18_14-09-37_496.jpg

2010-12-18_14-09-55_804.jpg

2010-12-18_14-10-22_507.jpg

2010-12-18_14-10-29_772.jpg

2010-12-18_14-10-57_273.jpg

Next one - I believe a 1967 657. Nice condition, Techy :D ORIGINAL paperwork to include the payment plan his grandfather had, deck and plow. This thing is excellent except for the price and the motor. $800 firm.

2010-12-18_14-18-48_859.jpg

Two 63'S?? $500 firm each. Let me know what you think these are. I think the one is a 653. No decks.

2010-12-18_14-24-27_81.jpg

2010-12-18_13-51-42_795.jpg

2010-12-18_13-51-22_332.jpg

Not the original belt guard I assume . ..

2010-12-18_13-51-03_8.jpg

2010-12-18_13-50-48_105.jpg

I threw a jump pack on it and it turned over . . .

2010-12-18_13-50-37_131.jpg

2010-12-18_13-50-18_863.jpg

The other

2010-12-18_13-52-53_476.jpg

Guy must have said 100 times "If I sold these for part I could get . . .$$$"

Let me know what you think. Looking for a resto :ychain: Enjoy...

Ken B

It really all depends on what you plan to use the tractor for. To be honest with you that Raider is a sweet deal at 500.00 and I wouldn't mind having it for myself. The 657 is way over priced. The last two tractors look over priced to me as well.

Zeek

It really all depends on what you plan to use the tractor for. To be honest with you that Raider is a sweet deal at 500.00 and I wouldn't mind having it for myself. The 657 is way over priced. The last two tractors look over priced to me as well.

Was thinking the same thing. He thinks he sitting on a gold mine with the others. I definitely like the older ones better, but way over priced. If you are in to Sears or MF he's got some really nice stuff. Just thinks everything is worth $500 + :ychain:

fireman

Go for the Raider! Price is pretty good considering the condition and what it comes with. Leave the 657 alone. Looks like it's had some sort of semi-restoration plus I hate those techys :ychain: . Price is also way to hi by like $500 on the 657.

520HC

Raider is for sure a 72,first year for the up and down throttle, instead of in and out type. Hood decal not correct, but small decal is.

Zeek

Raider is for sure a 72,first year for the up and down throttle, instead of in and out type. Hood decal not correct, but small decal is.

Thanks for clarifying that. I've been scouring the forum and net and couldn't find that hood decal.

So in true form it should look like this?

Raider 12

Are the front tires correct or should they look like this?

Raider12

btrrg1969

I really like the first , with the deck and plow , sounds like a fair $

TT

In case you haven't noticed, the Raider has had some "paint work". :D That isn't necessarily a BAD thing, but when I see tractors with painted knobs, solenoids, rectifiers, fuel lines & filters, etc., it makes me wonder how well the rest of it was taken care of - or what was covered up by the paint.

I'm with the majority on the other tractors being over-priced. You can buy nice 312's, 416's etc. for what they want for the 657. :ychain:

Zeek

In case you haven't noticed, the Raider has had some "paint work". :ychain: That isn't necessarily a BAD thing

From what I'm told, the prior owner rattle-canned them as either a half-assed restorer or to keep them from rusting. Looks like the guy was just a tractor hoarder and shook a can at them to preserve the "collection". Sometimes I wish you had to have a license to spray paint :D

tmix

I am with the rest of the the guys I have a Raider 12. But it has a electric clutch

a different seat NO amp gauge and a throddle is a push- pull.But Hey I have a Cigarette Lighter on Mine . P.s GO FOR THE 12 looks like a good buy!!!

T MIX :ychain:

Zeek

Picked up the Raider today :D

Thanks for the input. I'll post as we go in the resto forum.

If any of you are interested in the other WH's I pictured or are interested in Sears or MF, he's got some nice stuff. Shoot me a message and I'll give you his number in south central PA. He probably has about 30 tractors. The WH's of any value are the ones I posted. The others are other brands. :ychain:

jasoncracer

Good choice!

Anglo Traction

Yes, Go for the Raider, if it runs ok and the Tranny is good, the only 'Hack Job' on it appears to be the wiring. With the other parts included, it's a No Brainer.

'72' should be Model #1-0311. :ychain:

....and well done , good choice. ...bit late with response

Anglo Traction

Tom, I see you'll need a new Dash Panel. If you find more than one replacement and they're not shrunk or distorted, I'm desperate for one myself. They're like 'Hen's Teeth' to get hold of in UK. Oh and the Raider 12 in the Pic you you showed for Example Decals is mine. I had to fit new Turf Tyres on it. Saw Tooth Tyres are rare here. Enjoy the Resto.

Regards

rickv1957

The raider 12 looks good!!!! Rick

HorseFixer

Smilin Bob :D looks like ya laid the Wood err I mean Cash on the Right Tractor! :D :ychain:

Horse'n Around

Hey congratulations on your new Raider :ychain: Youve got yourself a nice one there, I like it!

John

yorkiesB-80

I think the raider is worth 500 bucks go for it

Zeek

I think the raider is worth 500 bucks go for it

I had to bring in my "man stash" on this one. The $500 tractor became a $250 tractor in case anyone ever meets my wife :ychain:

Zeek

Tom, I see you'll need a new Dash Panel. If you find more than one replacement and they're not shrunk or distorted, I'm desperate for one myself. They're like 'Hen's Teeth' to get hold of in UK. Oh and the Raider 12 in the Pic you you showed for Example Decals is mine. I had to fit new Turf Tyres on it. Saw Tooth Tyres are rare here. Enjoy the Resto.

Regards

Funny you mention that. I was on redoyourhorse.com and he has about every dash panel but that one. The decal kit has everything BUT that Raider 12 Decal Set Not sure if the dash panel from another similar model will work or not :D

Your is sweet. I was thinking about doing ag's on the rear and ribs on the front. if I can get them to fit the stock rim size :ychain:

Could you either post or send me some more pictures of yours so I know what a correct on looks like? Thanks!!!

Olratlr

As they say down here in the back woods! You Done Good. :ychain:

Zeek

The raider 12 looks good!!!! Rick

Boy, I was just looking at your album. That's a beautiful Raider 14, not to mention the other ones :ychain:

PPGman

I'm with the rest on this one. That Raider 12 with the mower and plow looks like a good deal. You can do alot with that tractor :ychain:

See if he has a set of chains for it laying around, maybe he would throw them in to make the deal :D

Anglo Traction

Funny you mention that. I was on redoyourhorse.com and he has about every dash panel but that one. The decal kit has everything BUT that.

Not sure if the dash panel from another similar model will work or not.

Your is sweet. I was thinking about doing ag's on the rear and ribs on the front. if I can get them to fit the stock rim size :D

Could you either post or send me some more pictures of yours so I know what a correct on looks like? Thanks!!!

Ok Tom,

I've put my Photbucket link in my signature. Hope the pics help you out.

As for Tyres, AGs n Tri Ribs look good :D . I have the Ags, but not the fronts yet. I only have 1 4.5" x 8" Rim and can't find another yet :ychain: . You probably won't have that issue over there.

Standard Rim is 6"w x 8"dia. Watch the Wheel Styles/offset, they changed around '76'.

As for the Dash Panel, the best match I have found is this-

DSC00417.jpg

It's from a Commando 800, about '73'. the difference being surface finish and the 'Choke Closed' detail. I'm refurbing this one at the moment.

Regards.