Sign in to follow this  
allredman

roll pin

allredman

on my c101 the collar at the bottom of the shife lever has a pin that holds the collar in place had broken and it moves around. after getting the set screw out that some had broke off. the pin looks like none i have seen. it looks like rolled up metal. i can not find one. my question is would a regular roll pin work and does the set screw extend into the collar to hold it in place. does someone know where i can get 1 or 2 of them. thanks so much. jim

Shuboxlover

the "rolled up piece of metal" you see could actually be a roll pin inside of another roll pin....drive the smaller one out first and then the bigger one....I've had a couple like this on some of the horses I have worked on in the past.

puddlejumper

We have a privately owned auto parts store that has roll pins that are made like you are talking about but I dont think I have ever seen one smaller than maybe 1/4 inch in diameter.But the practice of doubling or tripling roll pins as mentioned inside one another is a very common practice.

TT

The trade name is "SPIROL". :ychain:

allredman

thanks so much for the help. i think now i can fix it. i had never seen one like this. again thanks jim

Kelly

I've welded a few of the collars to the shafts, just be carfull, not to get a weld on the rounded part.

gwest_ca

The original 933168 roll or Spirol pin has been replaced by 32121-114 and is 5/32"x13/16".

The regular roll pin is normally called a split pin and these are the ones that sometimes get one or more drove inside to increase the strength.

Garry

WheelHorse_of_course

I've welded a few of the collars to the shafts, just be carfull, not to get a weld on the rounded part.

If you do this, please be very careful to get the alignment right (use a screw or something through the hole to hold it while you weld). I owned a tractor that had a shaft welded like this and because it was a bit off caused wear. Eventually I replaced the shifter assembly but it was too late, the damage was done - if you did not shift with care the trans would jam.

:D :ychain:

c81horse

My C-81 had the same problem when i seen it at the Flea market I got it so cheap too All it was was a Roll pin and since i work for Transmission shop Locating one was easy as handing over 75$ The Roll pin i used was round with these teeth things on the ends of them Oh well easy cheap fix that was Now i just need a Hood for the tractor One C 81 will have snow plow the other one will have mower deck i think thats a good idea