Sign in to follow this  
Hodge71

Suitcase weight bracket

Hodge71

Does anyone have dimensions for the rear suitcaes weight brackets that I see so many pics of on here. I put the 44 inch 2 stage snow chucker on the front of the 416 and to say the least even with the factory rear wheel weights, its a lil loose in the loafers. To the point that I dont think I'm gonna make it back up the driveway after I head down it. Anything you could do to help me so I can fab this bracket up and get some suitcase weights oon the back before it snows here in PA would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

I can get the measurements for you but unless you plan to recreate the dealer available weight bracket they really arnt needed. I would just build a bracket that holds the weights at the height and distance from the tractor that works with your weights.

Few pictures of a bracket for ideas. Shouldnt be hard to build something that can do the job for you.

snowweights001.jpg

snowweights003.jpg

steinersnow002.jpg

Nick

Forgot to mention on another tractor we simply attached brackets to the axle the dropped a piece down to the drawbar to help support the weight. A picture would help explain it better but I dont have any from a good angle.

loader005-1.jpg

Hodge71

I really wanted to make th braket in the first set of pics but it looks like option 2 would be the easiest to fab up. I dont have a press to bend the brackets but I do have a welder and a torch along with a mill and lathe. How are you attaching the brackets to the axles Nick? Does the bracket just hang off the axles and the support goes down to the drawbar? Or does it clamp to the rear axles like the bracket that mounts the snowplow and tiller?

Nick

I was using the loader frame to mount my weight frames. You could do the same thing by clamping the bracket to the axle with plates and bolts. I added a brace to the drawbar on one and a bracket directly to the drawbar 3/4" pin on another. Not sure if it would be need but cant hurt to overbuild.

This is the old original weight frame on the lawn ranger. Just 2 2x2 tubes coming off the axle with some 2x2 across them and some angle on top of that. It also has pieces down to the hitch pin.

muffler004.jpg

I started with wheel weights on the bracket.

LRduals2.jpg

Then changed to suitcase weights later.

muffler001.jpg