Sign in to follow this  
theoldwizard1

C105 -> C165

theoldwizard1

I've been fiddling with small engines and outdoor power equipment for over 40 years. Now that I'm retired I want to take on a bigger project.

After doing a lot of research, I think I would really like to find a C165 with a mower, and a blower. An unrestored model would probably be in my price range. Of course as you all know, finding your "dream machine" at a price you are wiling to pay, is difficult.

I have found a C-105 8 speed with mower and blower that has been "rode hard" and am thinking about buying it.

What things should I look for that would make me drive down the price and/or "walk away" (besides a seized engine) ?

From the facts I have gathered, a C105 can be converted to a C-165 by a straight engine swap (not that there are K341AS engines are easy to find or cheap), or am I missing something ?

Any other tips for a newbie out shopping ?

Kelly

Over all condition will dictate price, or how bad you want it, see if the trans works good, water in the trans, steering looooose, tires worn, paint ect... yes you can make it any model black hood you want with a engine swap, here is a C-85 that I built up into a C145

100_2118.jpg

IMG_3711.jpg

By the way I paid $25 for this one with a siezed up engine and was ruff to say the least.

theoldwizard1

WOW ! Amazing restoration !

BTW, where did you find the seat ? That seems to be another one of those parts that can not be found !

btrrg1969

Kelly ,That is a nice restore :ychain:

dgoyette

Very nice c-145 you made Kelly!