Sign in to follow this  
72demon

Plow Help???

72demon

Hello Guys,

I Have a 1960 Suburban that I have been wanting to put a plow on. I just purchased a 58-59 RJ w/ plow. I thought they would be the same, but have noticed the front axles are diff. I dont know if it is even mounted correctly on the RJ. My quesstion is...will this work without mods? or are the mounts for each tractor unique? Anyone w/ pics of correct mounting?

p.s.( I have not taken it apart yet, or tried to fit it)

Thanks.

stevebo

The plow on the RJ is different than the sub. The RJ plow mounts to the 2 triangle brackets under the middle of the tractor and the suburban plow mounts up front to the sides of the frame. No modification will make it fit imo. Find yourself a nice sub. plow. Good luck-

72demon

Thanks,

I guess I do have a suburban plow. I looked at some RJ pics on here, and the plow is diff. It must be rigged to fit on the RJ. So some pics of a suburban w/ proper plow mount would be helpful.

-Thanks

72demon

here is a pic of the plow mount on the RJ I bought. Maybe it has been modified??

Attached Image

post-4-1292435771.jpg

whfan74

Definitely not correct. Like Steve said the lift tube goes back to two triangular pieces that are located on the bottom of the frame just in front of the motor.

72demon

Not correct for rj, but I bought it to put on my Suburban..how does the plow mount correctly to a suburban? That is the question.

TT

The mount & blade you have pictured above (BD-42) is correct for an RJ-58/59, it's just the next version built after the RJ-35 style that hooks back under the tractor. (SPR-42, I believe)

The HD-42 was the first dozer blade built for the 400/550 models in 1960 and the BD-4261 finished out the blades for the mid-engine tractors in 1961.

(hope I got all of that right :ychain: )

bb400.jpg

wallfish

Your blade will fit if you can find the mount like TT posted. Everything else is the same. The one for the RJ won't fit the suburban but you may be able to find someone who would trade mounts. I was looking for one of those RJ mounts but already found one.

sorekiwi

RJ 58 with the SPR-42:

IMG_1974.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

MikesRJ
045d.jpg

72demon

Thanks guys,

I thought something looked odd, but it did not look like it was modified or hame made. Anyone want to trade mounts???