Sign in to follow this  
tmix

Raider 12 Snowblower

tmix

:ychain:

Hey guys its ben a long time ben very busy. I have a Snowblower that came with the Raider the numbers i could fine were 42ST01 Other number i found on blower 5758 and 9095 I hooked up the blower figured out the belt blows very nice but can't lift it off the ground can any one show me a picture of how to lift it up in DETAIL ????

PullyWheelHorseSNOWPLOWER002.jpg

T MIX

Sparky

In your picture I dont see a lift rod which makes me think you dont have the lift flag either.

The lift rod has a flat end with a hole that goes to the "stub" sticking out under the blower(can be seen in your pic). the rod is hollow and the lift flag slides into the other end and has a small pin which goes into the li9ft bar under the tractor.

Mike......

tmix

:D

Mike---- Thanks for the pics very helpfull. The 2nd pic with the chain has nothing to do with the hollow tube one RIGHT ?? If it doesn't I can make this gosh darn thing SO I need a hollow tube and with a flat bar on the end to hook to the blower for pin to go thru then I need to make a do giggy to fit thru the pipe to the lefter lifter do giggy RIGHT??

T MIX

THANKS FOR THE FAST REPLY TOMMROW NIGHT GARAGE TIME :ychain:

P.s any ideas how to make it steer When I was blower the snow there is No weight on the front TIRES I could not STEER ANY IDEAS!! ???

wallfish

this will help with steering. #40 roller chain

MVC-009F-1.jpg

tmix

:D

John -WALLFISH-

Does this really work ??????

T MIX :ychain:

wallfish

Like it's on rails and a LOT cheaper than $140 tri ribs. Less then $20 for both tires

The thing with the chain in the pics has nothin to do with a blower. Since you want to make your own parts, here's a post for measurements of the flag and tube. Notice the little tab with a hole welded to the side of the flag. This is for a lift assist spring and will help with lifting the blower.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...ic=4708&hl=flag

Sparky

Nope, the chain has nothing to do with the snowblower lifting.

Good luck!

Mike.......

tmix

THANKS GUYS VERY MUCH!!!

IF ANY ONE ELSE ANYTHING HAS THERE INPUT GO AHEAD DROP ME A LINE!!

T MIX :D

wallfish

HAPPY BLOWING

Please post some pics and comments when you get it going. It helps complete the thread for future viewers. Too many threads are left incomplete and it gets frustrating sometimes when you're searching for answers.

tmix

Raider 12 Pictures after Fabricated Blower lift rod Or Flag as some people call it .

The picture of the rod from pin to hole is 47 3/4".

It was longer but if you try to make to long of stroke the shaft hits on the front axle so I shortened it up. The tube that slided inside the long tube is 15" long it was a snug fit so I lube it with some wheel baring grease so it would slide inside each other so the blower. So the blower goes up or down hill it can slide into that shaft. I used a big washer from my snow plow on my truck and tacked it into place.

I think it important that the tubes slide because when i go from the main road to my drive way it was a incline of 2' this will allow the blower to float up and down while the tractor is at a different angle I hope this works sending pics all at one time since I have never tried it before let me know please Guys.

T mix Snowblowereliferods001-1.jpg

tmix

Snowblowereliferods001-1.jpg

Ok lets try this See how I did Again !!!

T mix's Old lady!!!!

Sparky

I dont know what the length is supposed to be but what you built looks great! Your definitly right about the slip fit where ther flag goes into the tube.

Mike......

tmix

Snowblowereliferods003-1.jpg

Snowblowereliferods004.jpg

Snowblowereliferods002.jpg

Ok Here are all 3 pics !!! thanks for the help R.Maynard!!!