Sign in to follow this  
Docwheelhorse

Bought Myself a Xmas Gift!! Check It Out!!

fireman

I have several other Wheel Horses that should be as "loved" as this one will be... I have a 1056 and a 702 and some others that need restorations but are solid originals. I will be putting them up for sale one by one as soon as I can get them moved up to my driveway. And no Jason will not be able to buy any of them <_< I will do my best to see guys that really "want" these models get them. They aren't making anymore and I will do my best to save every one I can.... parting them out goes against my religion. :ychain:

I'm with ya here DOC! Tired of people hacking up tractors and flipping tractors just to make a buck :D Eventually I am going to sell my 702 also but it's only going to go to someone who truly has an appreciation for what it is. Can't wait to see that 1054 running :D

stevasaurus

Well said about the parting out Doc. :ychain: Looking forward to the restore as well.

rickv1957

Nice find there Tony!!! :ychain: Rick

sorekiwi

I have these two pics saved on my hard drive, I'm fairly sure they came from one of the Yahoo groups.

A later model Johnson, but the 1054 is such a cool tractor...

1054_1.jpg

1054_2.jpg

Docwheelhorse

Thanks for the pics Mike and for the comments everyone....

Mike-I hope the rear frame on my Johnson is built just like the one in the pic... I have a Kwikway on another tractor and the way the weight box is on the back the ground clearence is zippo..... :ychain:

Tony

Docwheelhorse

Hello All,

I picked up the 1054 from the freight dock today.... she is in better shape than I hoped and I ended up with a pleasant surprise!!! The "extra engine" they said they would throw in and strap to the pallet turned out to be a complete Kohler Mag 16 one lunger from the mid to late 80's :banghead: I WILL TAKE THOSE AS "THROW IN " SPARES ALL DAY :ROTF:

Tony :thumbs:

VinsRJ

:banghead: :thumbs:

stevebo

Tony,

That 16 Mag would be perfect for Bob (wheelbering) as he is thinking of replacing his onan 20 on his 520... Could be a sale ??

118lfd

Hello All,

I picked up the 1054 from the freight dock today.... she is in better shape than I hoped and I ended up with a pleasant surprise!!! The "extra engine" they said they would throw in and strap to the pallet turned out to be a complete Kohler Mag 16 one lunger from the mid to late 80's :banghead: I WILL TAKE THOSE AS "THROW IN " SPARES ALL DAY :ROTF:

Tony :thumbs:

Want to sell the mag 16? I have an 89 310-8 I want to repower with more hp and a Kohler 16 is just what I was looking for...

420lse

That's a fabulous find! Hope to see that in a resto thread :banghead:

Docwheelhorse

Hello All...

everybody wants the Mag 16.... :banghead: Anyways... it is the correct crankshaft dimensions and I want to get it running to see what shape its in. It looks like it was either on a welder or an air compressor as it has a 3 belt pulley like those used on high load applications. Motor is a stand alone unit complete with gas tank, ignition panel, controls etc... Funny part is it says MAGNUM 16 on the shroud (decal looks factory) but the engine is definietly a K341 with points... :thumbs:

Tony

Horse'n Around

Im glad that you finally found something to help ease the pain of the 1054 that the tree assaulted. It looks to be in nice shape overall. I bet its going to clean up real nice!

Congratulations,

John

grnlark

:banghead:

Attached Image

post-3-1295112273.jpg

sorekiwi

Totally agree, Tony has been teasing us for about a month now, raised the ante a little bit a couple of days ago, AND THERE'S STILL NO FRICKIN' PICTURES!!

:banghead::thumbs: :ROTF:

Docwheelhorse

Ok.... OK.... I'll get some pics tommorow and post them.... for crying out loud I just finished shoveling 2' of you know what!!!

:banghead:

Tony

Docwheelhorse

PICS POSTED IN NEW TOPIC ---1054 with loader pics---

Tony