Sign in to follow this  
Docwheelhorse

Bought Myself a Xmas Gift!! Check It Out!!

Docwheelhorse

Hello All---

I was mulling around looking for 1054 parts (the 953/1054/1054A is my favorite) and happened to trip over this absolute beauty (IMHO... :ychain: ) I have a bunch of parts tractors etc... and when I saw this I just had to buy it. I got the whole story from the second owner that the original owner bought it brand new and then special ordered a Johnson Workhorse Midget 10 loader for it---the guy WAITED AN ENTIRE YEAR for Johnson to build it. I don't know how many are out there but I am willing to bet very very few.... I plan on getting it home and getting it running and then hopefully I get a workshop built and my first restoration will begin. This baby is just plain :D and it makes up for my poor 1054 that was KIA October of 2008. Here check out the post ----> http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...ic=6027&hl=1054

Here is a pic of the "mean machine" :D

B7wqjZCGkKGrHqEOKj8EzTtOyfvBM1IwiFh_3.jpg

CTPATRIOT

I was drooling over that on ebay........... :ychain:

Docwheelhorse

I went back and forth with the guy for over a week and made a sweet deal on it.... I paid nowhere near the asking price on Ebay and that included the shipping.

Tony

Kelly

I've got the same loader on a C-160 but my bucket is smaller

Iggy68

SWEET! :ychain: I love my 953. Wish I could find a loader like that for it.

Gene_S

Nice find Doc... :ychain: I also have a 1054 with a loader and it works great... Good luck... :D

HorseFixer

:D Nice find Tony You Lucky B@st*&d :hide: The Perfect Cherry Picker! :ychain: Well what else would the Duke use it for living in town? :D After I edge the driveway, I could allways use it for a big dust pan and show off in front of the neighbors! B) Im just makin excuses cause I want one..... Cant ya tell? :D

JimD

Tony, that's an absolute beauty. I'm really looking forward to following a resto thread on this one! :ychain:

wallfish

Nice one Tony

I think your right for going restore on this one, original just won't cut it by lookin at the pics. Was this the surprise you had to talk to Bill about?

sorekiwi

Nice score Tony. I saw that on ebay, but was horrified by the starting price. Glad you got him down a little.

I have a Johnson 10 here that will probably be going onto a mid 60's long frame tractor.

I'd love to see some pics of the sub-frame on yours when you take possession of it!

mavfreak

:ychain:

clintonnut

That is a sick machine! Id say you have everything you need to make a nice tractor between this beast and the dead one!

Charlie

btrrg1969

Very nice :ychain:

Docwheelhorse

Hello All,

and thanks for the comments---it won't be delivered till the end of January... its coming RL Freight. I will be selling off some of the other project tractors I feel I can let go to make up funds and room for this one.... I have several other Wheel Horses that should be as "loved" as this one will be... I have a 1056 and a 702 and some others that need restorations but are solid originals. I will be putting them up for sale one by one as soon as I can get them moved up to my driveway. And no Jason will not be able to buy any of them <_< I will do my best to see guys that really "want" these models get them. They aren't making anymore and I will do my best to save every one I can.... parting them out goes against my religion. :ychain:

Tony

Long Live any and all Garden Tractors but especially the Red Ones!!!! :D

Shuboxlover

Veeeeeeeeeeery NICE!!!!!!!!!! :ychain:

CONGRATS!!!!!!

WH Raider10

What a beauty! Get her running! :D:ychain: :D

grnlark

Send me pics of the 702. Maybe we can work a deal on "our" pending transaction.

boatman

:D Great looking horse. I saw that on ebay and was interest in a

loader tractor but starting price was just to high. I am in process of

getting info to built loader for my GT-14. That should be a great

restoration prodject. Looking forward to seeing it when your done. Have

fun!!!! :ychain:

VinsRJ

Sweet looking ride Tony......

Send me pics of the 702. Maybe we can work a deal on "our" pending transaction.

Now Matthew even though we are older Tony and I can still push you around like back in the day. :ychain:

Docwheelhorse

Hey Matt.... I emailed you the pics & Vin I'm gonna leave him alone... he probably would steal my car again and take 15,000 off the tires. :ychain:

Tony

grnlark

Hey Matt.... I emailed you the pics & Vin I'm gonna leave him alone... he probably would steal my car again and take 15,000 off the tires. :ychain:

Tony

Now THAT was funny!

Folks, picture this: I was....I think 15 years old and Tony (Docwheelhorse) was over the house hanging out with my brother (VinsRJ). His Nova was parked in the street and I decided to jump in, locked the doors and start doing burnouts in front of my parents house. I thought Tony was going to kill me - literally. But many years later looking back, it was hilarious!

stevebo

Tony,

Looks like you have your work cut out but I am sure it will look great when done. I have a friend who is looking to sell his jd 110 with the same johnson loader for low money... he is in ct.

Coadster32

Hey Tony,

Nice machine, and I like the no parting out attitude. :ychain:

BTW-That is a funny burnout story. :D

Docwheelhorse

It is funny 20 some odd years later... heck it was even funny then---but you know 17 year old males and there cars.... we can act some stupid in the posssive way!!! :ychain:

Tony

Docwheelhorse

Hi Steve,

I know the Johnson Workhorse loaders are out there for fair money.... I just liked the idea that this one fit a 1054. I'm sure some JD nut would love to have the loader 110.

Tony