Sign in to follow this  
ryan2121

Wrong size pto pulley

ryan2121

After restoring my 76 c120 I installed the rod cap wrong and it locked up. So I thought I found a good deal on ebay for a rod and crank so I grabbed them and got everything installed with no problems. Until I went to put the pto pulley on, It seems my stock crank had a 1 1/8 shaft and the new crank I got is a 1" shaft. Is there a different pulley I can run to compensate for this, or do I have to buy another crank for the 1 1/8" shaft?

Kelly

Yes but if you have a hydro they are not a common pulley if you have a 8 speed a drive pulley from a 8hp tractor or a briggs powered tractor with a 8 speed will work, they used the 1" crank, you will also need the PTO sleeve for the 1" crank also.

ryan2121

Mine is the 8 speed so all I should need is the pulley and the pto sleeve? The rest of the pto will interchange?

Kelly

Yes a pulley and sleeve you will be all set.

dgjks6

I am still on the search for the 1 inch PTO pulley. I gave mine to a member here thinking I was not going to reuse it. The k181's had the 1 inch pulley, all the rest have the 1 1/8. The 1 inch pulley's show up from time to time, but they are not as common as the 1 1/8.

There is a pulley on ebay now for $80.

ryan2121

Is that a common price for them, I have a 1 1/8 crank before I would pay 80 for the pulley I would just put my other crank in there.

Kelly

I was looking for one for another member here, but I don't have one, I was going to ask $20 plus shipping.

Don1977

I would check with a machine shop to have the pulley bored out, sleeved and keyed.

The PTO sleeve can also have another sleeve inside to bring it down to 1". I have that setup on my C-120/180 with the Briggs Vanguard 18. That may be a way to get your tractor back operational. I did that to mine in 1990 with a 16 Briggs Vanguard that gave up last spring.

dgjks6

That is a great idea. I just left the machine shop and I will see how much he will charge to do it.