Sign in to follow this  
strausbo

Sundstrand Hydro Info

strausbo

I have a 1969 Electro 12. I think the hydro is the Sundstrand unit. How is this unit identified? I'm looking for i.d. or model numbers for this unit. I want to look for a manual on this unit for disassembly and assembly. Thanks! :ychain:

MikesRJ

Here's the Service Manual for it.

90-2046: http://www.mywheelhorse.com/graphics/file/...n_1965-1982.pdf

The designation for your tractor, assuming it has not been changed, is a Sundstrand Model 90-2046. Take a look inside the manuals and the pictures within will indicate which model you have.

TT

Sundstrands were used in the Wheel Horse tractors from 1965 to mid-1980.

They were hydro-gear units (piston pump / gear motor) up until mid-1973 when they changed to piston-to-piston units. (the reason for the change from ATF to motor oil)

Follow Mike's lead to the manual, and the folks at BJ Hydraulics can still come up with some new parts.

squonk

Drat! :D I've tried downloading that file on 2 different servers and the both quit the application on me ! :ychain:

WheelHorse_of_course

If you find you prefer a bound hard-copy of that pdf, contact me directly. Red Square members get a discount vs my ebay price.

strausbo

I always thought the gear (in Hydro-gear) referred to a gear pump and the hydro referred to the fact it is hydraulic? I believe I am wrong (according to the manual). The gear refers to the hydraulic motor. The pump is a piston pump.