Sign in to follow this  
jtmoyer

package 4 church

jtmoyer

i'm putting together a deal for my church as a option and need to know what the experts say it is worth. i plan on selling it at what i have in it but what you say it is worth.

518 h with 800 hours 48" plow and a 48" deck weights and chains. all the paint could use some help but it is a solid machine. and runs great.

so to buy another used machine with these attachments what would it cost? not what you would be willing to pay, because we all want a deal.

DSCF0704.jpg

DSCF0717.jpg

dandan111

Im not a expert but I would say $1500 or so,if it were restored

with new paint and decals I would think $2000 or more.

I have a 314-8 and have wondered about its value also. I bought mine

new so Im sure I would be disapointed.

MikesRJ

Comparing Apples to Apples here, as a Wheel Horse is not a "LT" (Lawn Tractor).

Even if they went to Sears and bought a "GT" (Garden Tractor) on sale, you're looking at between $2200 - 5300 (depending on model) just for the tractor. Add you can add another $200 - 700 for a GT plow, or another $1000-1500 for a Snow Thrower. A set of weights and chains would set them back another $150 or so, as well.

Now they could get an "LT" with a deck and plow for a little over $2000 (on sale), but that's certainly not an apples to apples comparison, and it would be shot in 5-7 years.

I would think in PA (my area) you might get $1000-1500 for what you have there. Not sure what the going prices are in Indiana.

mr.pipes

Selling it to your church could be interesting. You obviously dont want to give it away. But what if you were to look around and try to buy something similar for them? What do you think you could do that for? I think $1000 would not be a problem. A package like that could be put together tonight in the classifieds here I bet for $1000. I am not sure what you have in it. Sounds like you don't want to sell it any cheaper than you need to. I don't blame you. If you really only want what you have in it just tell them that.

mr.pipes

I have a 314-8 and have wondered about its value also. I bought mine

new so Im sure I would be disapointed.

I don't know what you paid for it 11 years ago but I would guess in the neighborhood of 4k depending on attachments. As of now it has cost you about $300 a year. So make it a long term investment. Thirty years from now you could still have it. Thats still $100 a year. Do you think if you bought two $2000 box store tractors you could get that many years from them?

jusjeepn

If it were going to an individual I'd say it's an $800 package all day long. Since it's for a church, I'd suggest a tax deductible donation (in the W/H form) of around $1200. The church benefits from your generosity and service and you still regain some of your hard earned cash. An added bonus is the warm fuzzy feeling you'll get serving your church and your community!

It's not always about the almighty dollar!

jtmoyer

i have around 1/2 of what you would pay just to go out and find a wheel horse. i just want to be able to show it is a good value compared to what it should cost.

lots of blowing snow tonight, not with the tractor :D just the wind. have to work all day tomorrow and then scouts so no time to play tomorrow either :ychain:

Forest Road

I'd take the tax deduction. Suppose something goes wrong w/ it in the next year or two. Even operator error. I know around here I'd never hear the end of it.