Sign in to follow this  
MyOtherCarisaWheel Horse

Yak Tracks

MyOtherCarisaWheel Horse

So, I had taken an elderly friend to the store as they can't get out in the bad weather and carried all their supplies into their home for them. I step down off their porch one step onto a flat stone which is used as a step for the porch This stone seemed to have developed a bad case of ice-idis and I went down like a sack of hammers. My one arm was bent at a 90% angle and hit the deck hard driving my bicep into my shoulder socket which made a sound like crumbling rice paper. My right ribs hit the afor mentioned stone and bruised about 3 of them I believe. So I sit here today having a hard time breathing and typing with just one hand as the right arm don't move so good this morning.

Oh, and what about the Yak Tracks? I'm getting another pair A.S.A.P. For those of you whom may not know of Yak Tracks, they are fantastic. They are like a rubber spider web encased inside a mass of springs. You slip them on over your shoes or boots and you can actually run on ice with out fear of falling. ****'s Sporting Goods sells them.

Link posted only as a service to other would be sacks of hammers wishing to remain upright and standing on their ways to or from their tractors. :ychain:

Yak Tracks

ducky

sorry to hear you got injured. :ychain: hope you have a speedy recovery. I'm going to invest in some so I don't hit the ground.

stoneman

you better have that shoulder checked out. i fell some years ago and though i was okay. 10 months later i had a frozen shoulder and was limited to maybe 25% range of motion untill i could afford surgery 5 years later. just sayin'

rmaynard

Sorry to hear about the fall, but like Stoneman said, have it checked out. I had a similar shoulder injury 5 years ago. It took only 2 months for the shoulder to freeze, and 3 cortisone shots and 1 year of therapy to make it right again.

Bob

Sparky

OUCH!! I have to side with the others, get it checked out. My wife is a nurse and I cant get a sliver without her wanting to see, poke, pick, and dig at it but it keeps me healthy :D .

Hope yer back up an at 'em soon!

Mike..........

PS... she dont do housecalls so dont ask :ychain:

stevasaurus

:D OOOCH!!! I did that last year and I thought I wasn't going to make it. Very, very painful. Take it easy and don't catch pneumonia over this. Good luck. :ychain:

stoneman

Sorry to hear about the fall, but like Stoneman said, have it checked out. I had a similar shoulder injury 5 years ago. It took only 2 months for the shoulder to freeze, and 3 cortisone shots and 1 year of therapy to make it right again.

Bob

yeah, mine started locking up after a few months, but i had no idea what was going on. i thought i just sprained it doing some work. it just got worse and worse. i had no insurance so kept putting it off, and like i said . . . ended up having surgery and it's still not 100%.

Horse'n Around

Ouch, the hurts me just reading it. I agree with everyone, you really do need to get looked at.Best case senario is you are "just" bruised and banged up, but if theres something that needs attention, the sooner it gets treated the better. I hope that you start feeling better real soon.

John

KC9KAS

I can sympathize with you. Brusied ribs HURT LIKE HELL!

As mentioned before....better get the shoulder looked at soon....Obama care may or may not help you get it fixed next year!

MyOtherCarisaWheel Horse

Went and had it checked. You know... x-ray tecs have a mean streak in them. "Oh, so you think your shoulder may be broken? twist it this way, now that way... lets see how far you can throw this frisbie... now how about some one arm chin-ups.." anyway, the end result is that I have some bruised ribs and a sprained shoulder and a guy in the waiting room told me it would have been better if I had broken it. Better for whom though I'm not exactly sure.

Thanks for all the advice, now if only I could dress myself................

horsefeathers

Ron, Yak Track's are the best! I just bought a new pair today!

I walk my dog Rocket everyday and in this weather it's imposible w/o them!

They will keep you on your feet!

Sorry to hear of your injury, my best advice! Skip the doctors and try Physical Thearpy! It works period!!!!!!!

:ychain: HORSRFEATHERS!