Sign in to follow this  
JimD

.com not .com debate

JimD

This is where it takes ya....

http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=...Search&aq=f&oq=

Fourth one down says Redsquare, no problem. :ychain:

But I like it with the WWW. in front, balances things out nicely, great idea there TT, and Karl is right, we aren't all equally internet savvy, I know I have some catching up to do to be on par with most of you. :D

MikesRJ

See, there you go again Jim. The problem is the "header information". The current header reads:

/p>

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

RedSquare

Now, if those two META tags read something like this:

It'd be a whole lot more friendly to the search engines, and also put it at the top of that list ...

(Karl, hint, hint ... ) :D :ychain:

nylyon

Humm.... I wonder what it reads now?

rmaynard

Mike, you have now been officially certified as our resident computer GEEK. :ychain:

nylyon

I don't think Google uses the meta tags for their search anyway.

MikesRJ

Humm.... I wonder what it reads now?

It now reads:

AMAZING! Give it a few days and see what happens. :ychain:

MyOtherCarisaWheel Horse

:D :D:hide: .com :ychain::D

Common, WHEELHORSEFOURM.COM....

It is all ran together AND confusing. Sorta like "Myothercarisawheel Horse" I'm sure the guy that came up with that name wishes now that is was a bit shorter.

nylyon

Well, I am the guy who came up with WheelHorseForum.com and don't have any issue with the length.

MyOtherCarisaWheel Horse

Well, I am the guy who came up with WheelHorseForum.com and don't have any issue with the length.

Well then, if you have already made up your mind, why ask for a vote? :ychain:

It'snotaboutthelength,it'sabouthavingallthewordsrantogetherthusmakingitmoredificultto readbutifyoulikereadingthingswithnospacebetweenthewordsperhapewecouldbanwordspacingonthesiteaswell.

nylyon

:ychain:

Duff

Ron, Karl is only expressing his opinion/preference on the matter, not making a ruling about how things will be done. As the forum Administrator he has the technical "right" to make the decision, but like the gentleman he is, he's tossed the subject out for the rest of us to think about/debate/vote on.

Everyone who's voted so far has made up his/her own mind already, but until the final tally is in (or there's such a strong preference being demonstrated that it becomes a moot point to wait any longer), this isn't a closed debate. While I can see the merits of both sides of the argument, I voted ".com" because it happened to make more sense to me as an individual, but I respect everyone else's opinion on the subject.

~Duff :ychain:

nylyon

I suppose that I am just completely confused here then. First, this is not MY poll or vote, this is Terry's. Second, Terry was asking for opinions on what the decal should read not me. Finally, I have owned the www.wheelhorseforum.com domain name for years, and YES I came up with that name because whtractor.15.forumer.com isn't nearly as descriptive and wheelhorse.com is owned by Toro.

Now, exactly what have I made up my mind about now? Help me because I'm missing it......

(Sorry woke up cranky this morning just over worked I suppose)

MyOtherCarisaWheel Horse

Well gents, I'm not going to quote several posts to use as examples to clear up anything. I'll just say that a vote was asked for and I voted on the design I liked best. My opinion was based on visual appeal and I thought the one with less and better spaced wording looked better. It was not a personal attack on anyone for liking or designing something which I thought was not as nice as something else. After voting and giving a brief reason for my opinion, a site administrator makes it known that the idea I did not like was indeed his. A situation like that makes a new member like me feel like I have stepped on someone's toes now and have to yet further defend my position on a vote over a sticker and several posts later I'm still doing it.

I joined hoping to have a little fun while getting tips and information about a machine I like to own and operate, not to get into trouble and debates over sticker ideas. I promise to be more careful in any voting matters I may take part in from this point forward and will try to keep my opinions on important issues more mainstream.

Moo Mooo Moo

horsefeathers

Jim D, You stepped in a pile of road apples, now what?

Don't come in 'da house with yer boots on!

I'am a .com dummy! so simple is good!

What ever Mike said is OK! I guess?!!??** :ychain:

:D HORSEFEATHERS!

JimD

Jim D, You stepped in a pile of road apples, now what?

Don't come in 'da house with yer boots on!

I'am a .com dummy! so simple is good!

What ever Mike said is OK! I guess?!!??** :ychain:

:D HORSEFEATHERS!

Well Bud, I didn't understand a word of what Mike said. I told ya I got some catching up to do to be on par with mot of you. And the boots are for sale... :D