Sign in to follow this  
littleredrider

FEL under frame mounts

littleredrider

I ordered the plan from PF Engineering for a front end loader for my 702. Was looking at the Danco WH400 one too that is for sale on here, but that one is a little too far away to get. Also, at least with the PFE kit, I can get pieces made at a time, when time/money lets me.

But I'm wondering how it bolts on underneath?? I can't find any good pics, or how I could make it stronger by maybe tying it in with the rear axle, kinda like how plow brackets bolt on to it. Anybody have any pics??

C-Series14

No underneath pics of my ARK 550 loader but can tell you it mounts to the rear axle and the mid attach-a-matic. It is actually bolted to the frame right above the mid attach-a-matic AND mounted in the attach-a-matic. 2 vertical flat pieces of metal from the loader frame go up on each side of the rear axle and then a bolt goes thru both above the axle. Then the loader's uprights are held by 2 round tubes that go down to the front of the tractor to a bracket mounted to the frame...

Others will chime in.

stevebo

I am not at all trying to spoil your plans however a few things to consider:

1- Are you looking to work the fel with the 702? If so you should not try to pick up more than 150-200lbs or you will break something for sure.

2- I believe they tell you it will cost about $1000 to build. It will be more like $1800++

To answer your question, you need a subframe mount that usually attaches to the tach o matic on the mid mount and then over the rear axle on the 3,4 and 500's and c's. You may want to look into shipping on the one for sale by the member here. Either way, good luck-

wallfish

If you want to work it then you should consider putting it on a bigger tractor. It will crush a 702 unless you modify it and that would be a shame. The subframe is a fairly simple design and there is plenty of help here when you are ready.

littleredrider

It's not gonna be a hard worker. What's the sense of having a loader if your not gonna use it right?? But I don't plan on digging up trees with it, or moving a hillside. Mostly for snow, maybe a little landscaping stuff at my mom's house. (I live in a friggin' apartment, not doing sh!t to this place!!!!)

Also for the sake of saying that I built it, and it's on a tractor that I've never seen around where I am. (I can't think of but one round hood in my area, that sits on the floor of a Snapper dealer, and that went thru the flood).

I plan on beefing it up and making a subframe to tie it all together, regardless of how it would get worked. I wouldn't want the frame to snap if I pick up a bucket load of mulch or something lite.

I haven't heard back from the seller on the loader, so either didn't get my message or doesn't want to mess with shipping/meeting at all.

wallfish

You'll need to beef up the front spindles and the steering to start with. The front will have alot more weight because of the short wheel base. I would also recomend down sizing it a little from the plans. A little less hydraulic power too.

I know Fireman had posted some pics of some subframes a while back. I'll see if I can find'em.

His pics were moved or deleted from photobucket.

I can make up a drawing for you. PM me your email address so I can send it.

littleredrider

I tried to get ahold of the seller on the Danco, and didn't get any replies yet. This would be the way to go, but not sure how I would get it.

I'd like to see some more pics of the loaders on the smaller tractors....frame mounts too!!!

Wallfish, my email is b454rat@hotmail.com

littleredrider

I found that once and couldn't find it again....Thanks Mike.

After looking at a bunch of different pics of frames and such, it looks like most WH frames are the same, little changes here and there....

wallfish

With the PF Eng plans, the pics from the link Mike posted and a tape measure, you should be all set for the subframe.

littleredrider

I was hoping they would get here today, but guess not. They are coming from Mass, I'm in New York, wouldn't think it would take all week to go 5-6 hours away.

Should do pretty good on taxes this year, with some of that money gonna buy a welder so I can build it or at least tack it together if my welds suck....Not having a day off during the week SUCKS I can't get anything done while waiting for the weekend.

At least I got my two rangers at the house. Both started in the 20 degree weather. My a$$ was cold for at least an hour......

Nick

Being a smaller tractor you will have a little less capacity than the largest machines but still a very useful tool and one that can be easily stored and transported. The PF plans will be a nice help but I think the design might be a bit large on the 702. I assume you could just scale back the plans loader arm length and keep the loader bucket closer to the tractor. Something else to think about would be dual wheels for more stability and also 200 to 300 pounds of rear mounted counterweight.

You wouldnt have to make any big permanent changes to the 702 for loader use. Under light use the front spindles could last a while but it would be better to swap in a newer front axle assembly and possibly reinforce the spindles on it if necessary.

This is easily twice what you plan on doing on a similar size tractor except for the shorter tires.

loadtest002.jpg

littleredrider

I got a line on a the dually spacers and a set of rims, but I need to check the 2 rims I have now. One is bent on the outside, the other appears bent near the hub, but could be the tire. The tranny is froze, so I can't jack it up and spin it. If they are decent, I'll just run them on the inside so they won't be seen.

I've been looking at axles and spindles, would stuff off a 520 work on this?? There is an axle on ebay off a 520 for $25. Then would just need the spindles.

I don't plan on doing anything heavy duty, but you know how things go. Start off light, then next thing you know trying to move a rock pile.

I might not even do it to the 702. There are some bigger tractors on craigslist local to me, might grab one of those that way there is worries about being too light. But it would be cool to have one on the little guy.....

Nick

If you find a good deal on a larger tractor your ready if an Ark or KW loader would come up come up for sale at a good price. If not in a rush you might even find a tractor with a loader already on it.

littleredrider

I got the plans from PFE today, gonna take a little bit to understand them.

But I went to a local Toro dealer today, see if had any parts, and low and behold he has what we think is a 654 with a cab, snowblower, plow, mower deck and a Brinley plow, and possibly another but couldn't remember. Says it sat in a barn for years before he got it, been sitting in it's current state for 10 years. Wanna go look at it this weekend.

Doesn't run, but a Tecky 6 horse is easy to get running. He wants $500 for it all.

So, the loader idea might be on the back burner, or maybe just get some pieces for it and build it gradually. Maybe by then a bigger tractor will come along. If not, then I'll put it on the 702 and modify accordingly.

Brrly1

Hello everyone, Ok since we are talking about loaders I have a GT14 that is mounted straight to the frame. I haven't found any model #'s but I do know that it is a series 500. I don't know whether it is a 508-qm or a 510-qm. I noticed a 508-qm on a case tractor last night on ebay and it mounted to the sub frame from the underside (like the quick attach). The 508 is suppose to be able to lift #350 lbs where the 510-qm is suppose to be able to lift #500 lbs. I guess what I am trying to figure out is being that mine is bolted to the frame would my loader be the 510-qm? Just asking? This loader was specifically built for the GT14 as I have seen several different tractors setup this way and several hooked to the quick attach. The only other model that they list is the 550 series which fit the D series tractors. Thanks for any info. See Ya, Bye, Burly :ychain:

:D

Wheel Horse Fan

Here are some pictures the frame I just finished yesterday. Relatively simple.

WHsubframe2.jpg

WHsubframe3.jpg

WHsubframe1.jpg

WHsubframe.jpg

littleredrider

Looks good. I don't have any plans for the subframe set in stone yet, but was thinking of doing something similar. I don't plan on using the tach-a-matic mount, but making several mounting points all along the frame and tying in to the tranny mount somehow.

I would think that the subframe would take most of the brunt of the loader, also reinforcing the frame, should be plenty strong for what I need. If I even build it....

boatman

:ychain: Hey there Wheel Horse Fan,

Those are great pictures of your sub frame for loader. Getting ready

to build one myself for GT-14. All these pics and posts make it alot

easier and give great ideas. Thanks

wallfish

Here are some pictures the frame I just finished yesterday. Relatively simple.

Looks good Joe :ychain:

Glad to see it's coming along.

Littlered

I would build it to use the mid Tach A Matic and tie into the trans just like he did and the factory built ones. If you decide to change it to another tractor, it will be very easy to do the swap over. However there are other makes and models that do tie in directly to the frame.

littleredrider

Thought about that, but since I have 3 maybe 4 tractors I could dedicate one to the loader. One for mowing/plow and the other for a blower or whatever.

I took the plans to a local metal shop, supposed to give me a quote on the materials, and maybe one for welding it up.

I like that subframe tho, I would think that would work in my application too....