Sign in to follow this  
WH Raider10

C-161,twin 18hp,eight speed

WH Raider10

Hi guys,

I'm going to buy a c-161 twin with a 8 speed transaxle. I don't know why but I can't find much about it. I've seen them automatic but not like that.

Can someone help me out?

:thumbs:

Pieter-Jan :)

WH Raider10

That's the one,thanks buddy! :) :thumbs:

mavfreak

there is a couple more around. I did a thread about the engine, I don't know how to post the thread.

It states

All I did was change the steering wheel

If you can find that it has some helpful info in there

Its a pretty good tractor so far. It was pretty neglected by the PO. But still really good other than that

mavfreak

If you look under the engines section on the board index its about half way down the page

All I did was change the steering wheel!, backfire! and flames!

WH Raider10

Thanks for the link! Is it hard to find parts for these engines? What is the correct type of sparkplug for it,I'm gonna put new ones in it for the first start up.

Does anyone else has this type of wheelhorse? If you got some pics would be great.

:D :ychain:

racinfool40

Here's my c-161 auto I picked up from a member here "Kelly". It has a replacement 18hp twin runs great. Now it's ready for snow duty. I purchased it for the hydro lift for the snow blower now if I would just get the chance to use it!!! :ychain:

DSCF1809.jpg

I replaced the plastic fender with one of a c-120 I had to cut a hole for the Gas cap but other wise works great!!

WH Raider10

Thanks for the pic! That's a nice tractor. :D

I've been looking on the internet for engine parts if necessary and a carb rebuild kit and gasket set for the engine is pretty cheap. Still need to find what sparkplugs I need for it. What type of oil goes in it?

:ychain:

racinfool40

I run Champion RJ 19 LM plugs in my 18 hp twin and a good grade 10w30 oil. Thats what our local Toro shop told me to run when I called him..And that what was in it when I bought it!! :ychain:

mavfreak

:ychain:

WH Raider10

I'm going to haul the tractor after new year. Before that I've to much things to do,visitting family,...

The first thing I'll do if I got it home is take pics of it. Be patient... :ychain:

Thanks for the tips on sparkplugs and oil. I'll have to go to the lawnmower store I guess! :D :D

mavfreak

i'm intersted in if there the same over there as here. I'll be waiting. :ychain:

WH Raider10

I don't think it's completely the same as the ones you guys have. It has German decals on it. :D And it looks to have an extra small beltguard next the big one that goes over the drivebelt. And i'm pretty sure it's not homemade. :ychain: :D

d180man

Hi love to see some photos ! :ychain::D :D

TT

it looks to have an extra small beltguard next the big one that goes over the drivebelt

Probably for a powered collector system.

It's not easy to see in this image, but you'll get the idea:

vac.jpg

WH Raider10

:D Terry for that picture. I think you're right about that,I was also thinking it is for a belt to power an implement. In two weeks I'll post pics. :D :ychain: