Sign in to follow this  
MikeD0371

tranny hub

MikeD0371

so i have a bearing on left side of tranny bad, or gone, how do i get the hub off, took set screw out, that it? bfh?? big fu@kin hammer???

btrrg1969

lots of penetrating oil , patience , a puller , be careful the hub will break. It took me about an hour for each hub

Duff
so i have a bearing on left side of tranny bad, or gone, how do i get the hub off, took set screw out, that it? bfh??

rmaynard

I had some stubborn hubs on my B-100. Here is a hub puller that I made.

ce446861.jpg

It is made from a 1" hub, a 1" bolt and nut, five 3/8-16 all-thread bolts, 10 nuts, 5 lock washers, and 10 flat washers.

It took over one hour of 1/4 turn on each nut, over and over again. Lots of PB Blaster, a Mapp gas torch, and a big hammer to hit the 1" bolt every now and again.

Bob

• Like 3

like duff said, be patient. i have seen a few that the woodruff key gets loose and actually expands the axle material around it. can be a bear to get off. obtain a quality puller. if you have heat to apply, thats a plus. but, the hubs are cast and are brittle. be carefull. do not strike hub with hammer. jimmy

MikeD0371

Thanks for the fast reply guys as always many thanks to you all for helping me out