Sign in to follow this  
mavfreak

Need a belt length

mavfreak

Well I had some issues with this tractor about a month ago and found the bearing was shot in the output drive pulley.

Took out for a ride today and found that the belt is slipping. It is a new belt that work great prior to fixing the bad bearing.

Any help would be great. Thanks

C-Series14

According to the Lube and Belt chart, which I thought was on here somewhere, it takes a 107939 but says to use 93-9809. Below is copied from the chart...

81-16B801 107939

107939 Use 93-9809

93-9809 HB 83.50"

mavfreak

OkI'm going to need a belt I pulled belt and its a napa 84" Measured just to double check it and it came up at 84".

1/2 an inch is alot I guess.

Thanks

mavfreak

at 82" that seems really short. The belts that C-Series14 stated are the ones for this tractor.

It slipps but only under a heavy load I was pushing my car away from garage. I never notice it until then.

TT

When was the last time it had a new clutch (tension) spring? :thumbs:

mavfreak

Its probably the one god put there. The clutch pedal is pulled back to the rear. Which i noticed after putting all back together.

I tried pushing gravel after I noticed it slipping pushing the car and it didn't slip till I hit the sod at the end of driveway.

mavfreak

Ok I believe TT is on something here. I went out to measure pulleys and they are correct at 4". But while I was there the spring is just week to me and looks as though it may have been repaired at one time. so I think I may head in that dirrection and then see if the belt slipps.

And isn't it sopposed to be a double spring? There is two on my commando 800

TT

Ok I believe TT is on something here.

Shhhhhhhhhhh!........ that's between my psychiatrist and me. :thumbs:

One spring is what should be there, but doubling them up will increase the tension. (popular mod on WH pulling tractors)

Make sure the roll pin holding the arm to the cross shaft is in good condition while you're there. :)

mavfreak

Ok I did some research and TT is correct on the spring. The spring that is on my tractor goes from the clutch pulley to the front running board. And is really thin without much tension. The one on toro sight is just a short one and I can see where its supposed to hook up. So I'll have to find one or order one.

Thanks again TT for the help

TT

I use the #108035 springs on my 6/8 speed tractors:

hobietranz123009.jpg

Last I bought any, they were around $5 each.

WH854

:) I'm glad you solved your problem :thumbs:

Chas

mavfreak

I found a spring in the pile of WH parts I think it will work.

I'll try it out tomrrow.

mavfreak

The spring fit. And it works good. Clutch pedel is were it should be and there is no slippage (while pushing car) I still think I'm going to get a shorter belt just seams to be an exscive amount of play in it. And It sounds like it hits the belt gaurd at times. Even see were it did.

Anyway I think this will work till I can aford to go get one.

WH854

I still think that an 82 inch belt will work for you :thumbs:

Chas

Ask if you can bring it back if it won't fit :)

mavfreak

I tryed the 82 belt today. Its to short. It does work but the isn't much room for the clutch. its no or off. So I'll try a 83.5 if I can find one. The 84 works for now though