Sign in to follow this  
Retired Wrencher

horse huntten

Retired Wrencher

:thumbs: :):wh: OK OK on your way to your parents or grandmother or father house how many of where looking for W/Horse tractors. I did I have a sore neck.It is getting harder to find these now and they are so easy to miss from the road. SO LET ME KNOW HOW MEANY OF YOU LOOKED. AND HAPPY T/DAY............ Gary B......................

wheelly

I think i look out the side window more than the windshield. So lookout !!!!

littleredrider

I look all the time. I used to look for old cars and trucks to part out or whatever, but now I find myself looking next to sheds and garages for tractors. Only really found one that I can think of, not sure what it is, but think it has a pull start Kohler on it.

Redbirdman

OK OK on your way to your parents or grandmother or father house how many of where looking for W/Horse tractors

I am the grandfather....LOL ...but just in case there is a person that missed this day in school!

ALWAYS have that extra few bucks you are willing to spend on that special something (not the special someONE) stashed and hidden in your vehicle. And always carry a couple of straps and maybe a movers blanket, or at least a couple pieces of cardboard in your vehicle..............ALWAYS :clap:

You never know when it's gonna happen.........and you have to be ready to take it THEN!....even if it sticks 3/4's of the way out the trunk!

Take it from someone that lost a couple times. Once, I went home to get the truck and when I got back the guy handed me my money back and said he decided not to sell it. (But it was nowhere in sight so I know he sold it to someone else) Another time the lady called her son to tell him she was selling dad's old Harley; As I returned with the trailer the son was there with his 'friend' who insisted the bike was worth twice what I paid for it. (It wasn't) I took my money back and left, :)

But on the funny side: Yes, I am always looking for iron. And I taught my son the same. So one day as he was running West on Rt 80 he spotted what he thought was a JD Cozy Cab sitting in the middle of a deserted county fair field. It took him a half a day to wind his way back to the field and a 1/2 mile trudge through brambles and mud to find an abandoned yellow and green porto-john! :)

But my RJ58 was sitting in front of a guys garage with a paper 'for sale' sign stuck to the hood. ..I am embarassed to tell you how little I paid for it, but I gave him my phone number and he said he would call if he found any other parts or the owners manual..10 minutes later I was driving home with it in the back of my car.

But when I got home my wife said: "Some guy called and said he found the snow plow, a copy of the owners manual and if you want another one I can go back and get it too.......free! He said he forgot about the other one behind the barn"...........Of course my wife said: "WHAT TRACTOR?" :)

ED :thumbs::):wh: :hide:

JimD

Now that's a great story. Loved the porta john part. :thumbs:

Forest Road

Right on Red! Great story! I picked up my first 312-8 last spring. My wife caught me pulling out of the driveway w/ one in the truck. I saw her in the mirror turn and see the other 312-8 in the backyard. I didn't go home for a few hours.

Be ready w/ cash and excuses!

Retired Wrencher

:thumbs: :):wh: now Ed that is a great story + the extra tractor to boot. T/Care Gary B...................