Sign in to follow this  
jaydeer

1054 value question

jaydeer

I am currently looking at a complete 1054, good shape mechanically and sheet metal wise, no major issues other than a hole in the side of the deck that can be repaired. Has the headlight covers and the oil bath for the carb. Also has wheel weights, although not wheel horse weights. Seller is asking 900.00. I thought this was a bit steep. Anyone have any thoughts?

jwilbt

I just recently passed up a 1054 that I would describe fairly similarly for $400 but was missing one headlight assembly, needed new AG tires and had a relocated battery box. Not huge issues, but I decided to walk away vs. negotiating the price. Otherwise, the tractor was in decent mechanical condition. While I was looking at that one, there was another one on C/L somewhere in PA; maybe a bit less condition than the one I was looking at, but also $400. The same $400 got me a nice little C-81 with mower, snow thrower, wheel weights, chains and snow cab, all in very decent running condition. Seems like $900 is steep.

WH854

If it is located in Pa. I think these sellers think they have a gold mine in their garage. In my opinion that price is out of line for the age. But that is just me.

By the way Happy Thanksgiving :thumbs:

I would not sell my three ( 1964 854, 1981 C-105,and 1981 C-165, for for that amount imdividually, because of the attachment I have to them :) These tractors grow on you if you know what I mean. Just like one of my kids. :):wh:

Chas

Lane Ranger

A 1964 1054 for $900 would need to be in very good shape in my opinion to have that kind of pricetag.

I don't think of the five we own that we have had a price tag of more than $650. And the $650 one was with a 54 inch snowplow, 48 inch mower deck and spare transmission to boot!

100_7789.jpg

100_7805.jpg

My photo bucket 1054 photos:

http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww284/L...20Horse%201054/

HorseFixer

I have to agree with everyone else thats steep unless it was in excellent shape!

Good Luck! :thumbs:

~Duke

Indy w h

900 bucks :thumbs: I didn't pay that for both of mine combined!!!!

Indy

Oh yeah I think it's a little high

Zeek

If it is located in Pa. I think these sellers think they have a gold mine in their garage.

You got that right. I looked at a non-running major resto project Friday and the guy tells me he wants a $1,000 :thumbs: I got in my car and drove away. He'll be storing that for a few more years . . .

jaydeer

Thanks for your help guys. I think I will let this ride with my current offer of 700. I found a 520h and a 1277, both in really nice shape for about the same price. Now if anyone has a nice 1054 near NW PA let me know. May trade for it.

sorekiwi

I'm still kicking myself for not buying the 1054 you had for sale a couple of years ago!

So you must be really kicking yourself for selling it! :thumbs:

Trouty56

I hope to have a 1054 someday. I really like the look of that tractor with those tall rear wheels and mean front end. :thumbs:

Maybe next year!!

wheelhorsec85

hay lane ranger nice machines :thumbs::):wh::):) :)