Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

I'm Ready!

HorseFixer

I hadn't even taken the SNOW CHUCKER outta the Horse Hauler till last weekend :) Had to raise the cab as it has to be collapsed to get it in the Hauler. Also the rear tire chains Had to be put back on. I threw a chain on the blower this summer a small cotter key came out of an offset link :thumbs: I decided to replace the drive chain as I seen some play, and as it turned out the chain was stretched pretty bad. I did all the required maintenance grease, oil change, hydro fluid ck, plug, wire connections, but most importantly Jerry W's Hula Gal jumped in his suitcase and decided she liked my machine better! :) Well why not! I guess she likes shaking her tail in a heated cab! Yep a HorseFixer Exclusive! :) Dont she look much happier? OK Ole Man winter leter blow! :wh:

DSCN2467.jpg

DSCN2461.jpg

DSCN2464.jpg

DSCN2465.jpg

JimD

She' lookin real good there Duke! Tractor looks good too. :) I see you and the Hula Chick got your matching yeller tops on, thanks goodness your covers more. :thumbs: (Had a flashback of Dale in the cab) :wh: :)

dclarke

Looks good Duke, looks like you're ready. :thumbs:

Gerry w

She' lookin real good there Duke! Tractor looks good too. :clap: I see you and the Hula Chick got your matching yeller tops on, thanks goodness your covers more. :thumbs: (Had a flashback of Dale in the cab) :):wh:

:):)

I was wondering where she had run off to! :) That's okay, I've got her younger sister here as well!

Looking good Duke, looks like your ready!

Dresden Guy

AWESOME! ........ well everything but the "Michigan" shirt. After this Saturday you'll want to use it as a shop rag :wh: My Buckeyes will prevail mightily! :)

The Ultimate Snow Machine is unbelievable; by the way, what is the WH tractor undeneath the heated cab?

Do you prefer the front 3-ribs for "snow chuckin"?

How are you heating the cab..... engine heat, or a small heater from battery?

If I dropped my C-160 off to you, what would the retro-fit set me back? :thumbs: I couldn't afford it anyway, but it's a thought.

P.S. - I printed a picture of your Snow Chucker for my office all and for my wife to see what is possible with knowledge and $$$.

Indy w h

Yes, Bring on the snow!!!!!!!

Indy

stevasaurus

Lookin' good Bob...did you get to hand paint her top maze and did you have supervision??? :)

Man, I remember that picture of Dale in the cab. :thumbs:

Sparky

This is your second winter with that setup right Duke? Whats the deepest snow you've cleared? Hopefully you get a nice big snowfall to really work that setup!

Mike.........

HorseFixer

Thanks Guys! Steve I know Im stretchin it but what if the WOLVERINES have been doing a lil sandbaggin? An upset...... Well as you well know anything is possible many teams have stubbed their toe this year.

Ok on the Tractor it is a C-120 Hydro (Wish I Had a 16 big block!) The Tri Ribbed Tires are AWESOME you would not belive how well it steers its like the blasted thing has power steering when its moving. And as far as traction??? Well I would have never believed it yes the tires are exspensive at $140.00 + 16.00 shipping for the pair but they are well worth it! I started putting lead weights on the front but I cast them on a different set of rims and they didnt fit! The fronts will be like 60lbs ea when the blower is up the weight is on the wheels and when the blower is down it could use some more weight as it pushes a bit. Ill have that done in a couple weeks.

The cab is heated from a stainless steel collector box attatched to the jug opposite the flywheel (flywheel pushes alot of air over the jug) and then the collector box is connected to some 3" silicone duct tubing and piped into the cab. When its 10 degrees outside it is around 60-65 degrees in the cab on 30 deg days after awhile it will run you outta there thats why I have a damper shutter inline.

If you dropped the C-160 off ya may not get it back! :wh: The Cost??? Prolly throw in a gallon of Captain Morgan and your 1st born child :thumbs: Heck I dunno, The tractor you see there I probably have $1200.00 in it, and thats only because I sold the Deck & two Snowblowers that came with it So that Paid for the tractor and paid for 1/2 of the blower. With everything it took to refurbish it and have repainted everything and have installed a bucket full of stainless steel fastners and Gee the hrs in fabrication, whew I wouldnt know where to start. If there is any measurements or closeups or part #s you need just let me know.

Steve tell the wife she should buy you one for X-Mas! and tell her I said so! :)

~Duke

P.S. Below are a ccouple pics of heater collector box. Control Linkage is a choke control push pull the Temp out the Duct to cab is 152deg. and temp in cab was 91 but is was like 45 deg outdoor temp.

x049.jpg

x024.jpg

x037.jpg

x045.jpg

Duff

Duke, I'm curious....does the in-line damper simply block the airflow to the cab or does it divert it to an exhaust port of some kind? I ask because it would seem with the damper "closed" the collector box would restrict airflow across the jug and possibly result in an overheating situation. Not being critical -I envy your fab skills! Just trying to wrap my head around the system. :thumbs:

Duff :)

HorseFixer

Duff below is a link back to my orginal build of this machine and yes that is a good question as it was asked before when I did this build. Dealing with heat transfer my entire career at first look it may seem any restriction would increase head tempeture. Moving air to fast sometimes does not allow proper heat transfer. Thats why the blower is slowed to low speed on your furnace to transfer more heat off the heat exchanger. I did alot of tests and you can read below on this link and see the test results! :thumbs:

Dukes Snow Chucker Build and Tests