Sign in to follow this  
hodge

Kubota hydro question

hodge

I am having a hard time finding out if my Kubota hydro needs to be operated at full throttle, or not. Any input? The operators manual doesn't say. It does say to advance the throttle when moving forward or backwards (advance, not very descriptive), and retard the throttle when hitting the brakes. I know that Steiners are to be operated at full throttle, and aren't Wheel Horse hydros? What is the principle behind that?

Mark

TT

The only thing I can honestly tell you about them is that you need the throttle set to achieve the correct PTO speed recommended by the manufacturer of the attachment being used - if you are using an attachment. That's usually around 75 to 80% throttle on many tractors.

The last Kubotas I was around were only a year or two old and had the electronically-controlled HST, stall guard, auto throttle advance, etc.

The only other Kubota I ever used was manual transmission. :thumbs:

hodge

I belong to that, and orangetractortalks.com. So far, the input that I have gotten is that the hydros on these tractors are different, and as long as the engine isn't laboring, you can operate it at whatever throttle setting suits you. But, I haven't heard any definitive, authoritative statments, preferably what Kubota recommends. I will probably go to my local Kubota dealer, and see what they say. Boy, do I like this little tractor, though. It is extremely solid, well designed, and practical. I won't be getting out of Horses, completly. No sir! I have two of my tractors for sale here in the classifieds, but I will be keeping my B-80, and restoring it. My dad has the GT1600, which is just over the ridge from me.

Mark

Nick

In the Steiner I believe they say running at less than full throttle causes a cavitation of some kind and foaming maybe? I would guess full throttle also keeps the fluid cooler.

MikesRJ

The information herein comes directly from the B7410/B7510/B7610/B7510Narrow Operator's Manual:

Your answer depends on which model tractor (actually the engine installed). For the first 50 hours the machine should not be run faster than 50-75% of the engine rated speed. After 50 hours the engine should be run at or just below the engines rated speed, during all operations except when engaging the PTO. When engaging the PTO the engine speed should be decreased to 50% of rated speed, engage the PTO, then increased to rated speed or just below (+0 / -200 rpm).

The following models have the associated rated engine speeds. If you look in your manual it should tell you what the engines rated speed is. Let me know what model you have and I will look, if you cannot find it in your manual.

B7410 - 2900 rpm

B7510DT/HSD - 2600 rpm

B7510DTN - 2600 rpm

B7610HSD - 2600 rpm