Sign in to follow this  
Coadster32

854 redo

Coadster32

Hey Guys, just figured I'd share a couple of pics. This is the time of year where some post up a few pics of their winter horse. Well, here's mine. I'm hoping to have it done by the first snow-fly. Should be able to make that.

Picture004-4.jpg

Picture001-5.jpg

Picture002-7.jpg

Picture003-7.jpg

I am redoing this primarily at work, where all of these pics are from. The carb parts are on the front seat of my truck. Not going with the factory all red color, as seen in the pics. The frame and tranny are at home. I did new rings, honed out the cylinder, all new gaskets, valve re-lapping, and most parts are primed. I'm toying around with a binks siphon feed, and am now ready to shoot the red. The black is just rattle-can. I really didn't mean to rip it all apart, as it's my worker, but....

I just need new seals in the tranny, and finish painting. Enjoy.

dgoyette

Looking good Chris! Look forward to updates.

stevebo

Looks like more than a quick clean up :thumbs:

Coadster32

A few pics for updating this post. Getting there. I have new tranny seals on order, and just finished up a new hood ornament, like the one I have on the 551.

pics009.jpg

pics010.jpg

Every seal on the tranny looks like it was leaking. The side play is minimal, so new seals for the outside, and clean it all up. Not sure yet how I want to handle the stuck hitch pin. :thumbs:. Prob. go with heat first.

pics008.jpg

wallfish

Looks good so far.

Did you, by any chance, make me one of those sweet hood ornaments?

Coadster32

Sorry John, I had it as a leftover when I did my Chess set years ago. Didn't even know I had it. Now my tractors will be a matching set. Just have to watch out for :thumbs: Thanks for the comps.

massey

Looks like it's coming along nicely.

wallfish

Sorry John, I had it as a leftover when I did my Chess set years ago. Didn't even know I had it. Now my tractors will be a matching set. Just have to watch out for :thumbs: Thanks for the comps.

OK, Can you bring the chess set to the next meet and greet and I'll play you for the knight.

By the way, that chess set is cool. You should post a pic of it.

JimD

Looking good! I'd like to see the chess set and a pic of the hood ornament too. :thumbs:

WHC-125

Looks like its coming along really nice! I am always amazed by the work you do! From one machinist to another, Great job! :ychain:

Suburban 550

Lookin' good, Chris. :D Can't wait to see it finished. :ychain:

HorseFixer

Lookin good my friend, Geter done So's you can move that white stuff! :ychain:

jimbotelho

chris looking real good quality at its finest cant wait to see it completed jim :ychain:

Coadster32

Well, I got busy with some assembling this weekend.

pics001-2.jpg

I remember as a kid my father hung a deer in the basement and gutted it. Well, I hung a horse and stuffed it. (look sideways)

pics003-1.jpg

Had a little helper also. Not sure about her, but it made my day!! :ychain:

pics004-2.jpg

pics006-1.jpg

Like I said, it's not a restore, as I like it my way. I fired up the Kohler that I redid, and was very pleased with the results. It fired right up, no smoke, and purred like a kitten. :D The hood is on it's 4th round of filler putty to get it nicey-nicey. (Should have done the belt guard better-perhaps in the spring). I'll redo the plow, weights, and back rims in the spring as well. I do see light at the end of the tunnel.

Here's most of the rest of it.

pics009-1.jpg

Thanks for the compliments and encouragement guys. As for the chess pcs, look for the post in the non-tractor related section. If there's enough interest, and I get a little bit of time, I wouldn't be against making a few more hood ornaments. (We'll see though)

Sparky

The hood is on it's 4th round of filler putty to get it nicey-nicey.

I dont think missing a hood would keep you from plowin snow pal :D !

Lookin great Chris :ychain: .

Mike.........

MikesRJ

Man, I like the way the black and red look together. Good work and good looking work too. :ychain:

dclarke

Really looks good Chris. :ychain:

Cody

The tractor looks great :ychain: What size front tires did you use they look very nice. Thanks Cody

rickv1957

Tractor is looking great!!! Rick

btrrg1969

It is looking good :ychain:

Coadster32

What size front tires did you use

4x8 Tri-Ribs. I get my tires from K-Morrow off e-bay. (not soliciting for him) I think Tri-Ribs and AG's look classy.

Thanks all for the compliments. I ripped apart the snow-plow and am currently redoing that as well. I also painted up the wheel weights. Got the hood finally the way I like it, and will hopefully spray the red on this weekend. I'll get more pics after the weekend. Looks like my hood ornament will have to wait a few more weeks. We have a job coming thru the shop I have to send it with. It'll be done for free though. :ychain: Thanks again guys! :D

Horse'n Around

That looks terriffic,the red and black really set it off. It looks like your little girl was having a good time with you,priceless!

John

Coadster32

Got her back together last night. I was able to get two sets of cast iron weights on the rear rims. Both sets sere 30/35lbs each approx. This is the maiden voyage to the shop. No spots on the floor, at least for now. Motor ran nice, but needs a minor tweek. I still have to do the raised letters, and the hood ornament needs to be plated, but I'm ready to plow now. The shop floor hides alot of detail. I'll have to get pics at home against the cleaner cement floor.

DSCF0096-1.jpg

DSCF0095-2.jpg

DSCF0094-1.jpg

DSCF0093-1.jpg

DSCF0092-1.jpg

Ken B

Looks great Chris. Now if we ever get some snow in New England!

dgjks6

I think I may have a new favorite tractor. That looks great. How quiet is it?