Sign in to follow this  
keg

314-8

keg

hi all i just got a 314-8 with a kohler magnum 14 but some one tried to do sum self inflicted carb repair lol and somehow cracked it at the mounting holes other than that shes fine i even got her fired up but wont stay runin. the previous owner said she been sitin for 2 years couse of this easy fix. :thumbs: haha im happy with my find and am glad to have something to go with my 312-h but if some one can give me a part number or something id be much apreciated i found sum kohler carbs on ebay. or if some one has 1 for sale give me a shout thanks all oh p.s i forgot to add they already tried the jb weld thing.

stevasaurus

check on the choke plate in the carb...there may be some numbers on it that tells what it is. :thumbs:

Don1977

Check your engine number Kohler doesn't list a Magnum 14. They list a M-12 and a M-16 single cylinder engines. If you have a 314-8 Wheel Horse the engine has been changed, are you have a K-Series engine.

keg

all the older 314-8 i see on net have magnum engines but i dont think kohler makes it any more. but im bout to get off work ima check numbers wen i get home.

:thumbs:

TT

The 1985 314 was the only one to have a K series engine.

When the 314 reappeared again in 1993, they had an M-14 Magnum and remained that way until 1998 when the CH-14 Command replaced the Magnum.

The engine of choice appears to be the M14S-601559.

This link will get you headed in the right direction:

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=kohler_...=catalogs_31913