Sign in to follow this  
Woodsman

Need a measurement on 36" snoblower

Woodsman

Hello,

Can anyone tell me the correct diameter of the main drive pulley on the single stage snowblower? This is a 36" blower on a C-160. Someone has replaced the original and I'm fairly certain it's too big. The belt rubs on the housing, the belt is too tight, and it rubs on the front axle of the tractor. I'm replacing the chain and sprockets and would like to replace this pulley with the correct size as well.

Current pulley is 5.5" Shaft dia. is 3/4"

Thanks for any help!

Forest Road

Your pulley seems right. I've owned 3 of these units and the pulley is so close to the blower that the belt does rub a bit. And the belt needs to be really tight to keep the white SH#@ moving. There was a guy on here some time ago who went an inch smaller on the pulley. He claimed increased throwing distance at a much higher RPM. Hope this helped.

Kelly

If you have the idler pulley in the wrong spot the belt will rub on the axle, I don't have pictures but I just put my blower on tonight, and my son tried putting the belt over the pulleys incorrectly it will work but not right

wallfish

:thumbs:

Here's a look at one. I'm not sure you could add a larger pulley since it's already so tight to the blower. I can measure mine in the day light tomorrow.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=5522

danjmah

I have two models 06-42ST01 and 79360 and both pulleys are 5.5".

wingrider

I changed my orginal pulley for a 4" one and it works great on my C160. Also dropped the belt lenght 1" also

Good Luck Wingrider

Woodsman

You folks are amazing. Thanks for the replies. I'll take a look at how I had the belt routed.

I just picked up a pair of C-160's and will probably be here a lot in the future.

Thanks again for the help!

WH854

:thumbs: Lot of information passes through here :)

Chas

MyOtherCarisaWheel Horse

:) :thumbs::wh:

Just ask anything and you may get valuable information and better still, the dumb looks are still free!!! :)