Sign in to follow this  
privateer

will a 6-6211 fit my C120 hydro??

privateer

Question to my fellow WH lovers. New to the horses this year but falling in love real quickly. Got three already in a short span of time. 656, C120 and a C195.

I have a 6-6211 that came with the 656 with a flag and lift. It's never been on the 656. I would like to use it if possible on the C120 Hydro I just finished restoring with all your help here. I have a feeling the techy HH6 is underpowered for the single stage job. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Will the 6-6211 fit on my C120? Please give me some good news.

Thanks

jusjeepn

Bad news....6-6211 was only built one year, 1969. It was superseded in 1970 by the 6-6212. It fits the pre- attachamatic tractors, Raider 10-12, Charger 10-12, Electro 12 and GT14. It will not fit you C120 without modification. Modification is as simple as bolting on the carriage from another blower. And you are correct, your 6hp is under powered for a 37" blower. It will work but you'll need to take very small bites. You'd be much happier with a blower on the C120!

privateer

Thanks for the info.

Any help on what model #'s (single stage throwers) I should be on the lookout for?

jusjeepn

The completing kit p/n for your tractor is 6-9131. That kit would bolt up to your blower and fit your tractor. Completing kit 6-9122 would also work, just an older version. The completing kits were required when you purchased a snow blower up until 1974. In 74 they (AMC) started offering a complete, ready to attach snow blower (6-6213 in 1974 and 6-6214 in 1975). In 1976 p/n's changed but the blower stayed the same, 66-42ST01 for 1976, 76-42ST01 for 77 and so on.

A little info on the p/n's should also help you in your search. The first number is the year. The second number designates what type of equipment. In this case 6 represents snow removal equipment. The third and fourth represent the size. The fifth and sixth were generally abbreviated letters for the type of equipment. The last two positions were used for series during the same year.

For instance 06-42BB02 would indicate that this piece of equipment is a 1980, piece of snow removal equipment, 42" wide, snow Blade, second design run during 1980.

Now you also have to keep in mind that some of the letters for some of the equipment makes no sense at all. Snow blades during that same era use BA, BC,BB ect. Snow cabs use CB instead of SC but most can be determined from these letters.

Hope this helps!