Sign in to follow this  
hodge

Kubota orange is close to red

hodge

I missed out on a sweet 314-8, so I went surfing on Criagslist last night, to see what was out there. Although I hadn't been hunting for a Kubota, I have admired them for about as long as I have Horses. Someone had put up for sale a B7100 HST 4WD, with a 59" Woods finish mower. I went and looked at it today, and found the proverbial golden goose. No joke, a little old lady owned it, who had just passed away. Her daughter was selling it, who knew her stuff- she has one of her own. The tractor is diesel, of course, hydro, 4WD, 640 hours, clean and tight, garage kept its whole life, and meticulously maintained. I bought it, and am just amazed at this fine piece of equipment. One light bulb is out- the only thing wrong with it. The mower is super quiet. She has a nice 4' tiller, which she may sale. I will post some pics, as soon as I get my camera back. My daughter has it, taking photos of her percherons.

I will not stop loving Horses, but I will thin my herd. I need the room, and I don't need the equipment now. I will sale the 310 and the C-101, but keep the B-80.

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h205/br5...nt=DSCN9063.jpg

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h205/br5...nt=DSCN9062.jpg

btrrg1969

Mark,

looks like you found a grate tractor , I am glad for you :thumbs: Brandon

hodge

I did, Brandon. Everything works out for the best, I have found. Blessings to you.

Mark

Nick

That is a very clean looking tractor. Looks like you found a nice deal. :thumbs: Should come in real handy. Any plans for other attachments, maybe a loader?

hodge

No loader- my dad has one on his Ford 3910. I would like a rototiller (the seller has one- she may make it available), a front blade, and ag tires.

Nick

Several years ago I owned a Ford 1210 that was really close in size to your Kubota at around 16hp. It had come with a 60" tiller and did a great job tilling. In fact it worked so well that after tilling a friends garden he had to buy it from me.

stevebo

Mark,

That is a great machine !! When I was looking for a machine with a backhoe and loader I considered the Kabotas but they were just too much money. They really do hold they're value !! Very nice-enjoy it.

T-Mo

Mark,

Congratulations. Kubotas are nice units.

Now, don't take this next as the gospel, but more like "word of mouth" or "second hand" knowledge. I was talking to a JD dealer, who also happens to be a Kubota dealer. And the price of parts came up in our conversation, basically on the misconception of the prices of JD parts. Anyways, he tells me that Kubota has extremely high prices for their parts. Like I said, not the gospel, but from a pretty reliable source who should know - a Kubota dealer.

TT

But....... you don't need to buy Kubota parts nearly as often as JD parts, so it evens out. :thumbs:

hodge

Mark,

Congratulations. Kubotas are nice units.

Now, don't take this next as the gospel, but more like "word of mouth" or "second hand" knowledge. I was talking to a JD dealer, who also happens to be a Kubota dealer. And the price of parts came up in our conversation, basically on the misconception of the prices of JD parts. Anyways, he tells me that Kubota has extremely high prices for their parts. Like I said, not the gospel, but from a pretty reliable source who should know - a Kubota dealer.

I did some searching around before I bought it, and parts prices didn't shock me too much. Of course, I expect them to be higher than for a Horse. Hopefully I won't need to feel the pain too often.

stevebo

My Terramite needed a front spindle and hub (po drove it without wheel bearing and it broke the inner side of the hub and dug into the spindle :thumbs: ) That set me back $320 for the spindle and another $125 for the hub assembly :) They are all expensive.

T-Mo

But....... you don't need to buy Kubota parts nearly as often as JD parts, so it evens out. :thumbs:

I wouldn't know about Kubotas, but I haven't had a JD break down on me yet - and I own a few. I just had to replace plugs, oil filters, etc. - no major items yet. I hope that trend continues as I still own a couple of JDs.

truckin88

Great Kubota...one of the cleanest 7100's I have ever seen, I have been around these machines alot on my in laws farms, my Father in Law had 3 (different models). Yes the parts are expensive, because Kubota has a tight hold and a lot do not go after market....which may change in the future.

That being said...they do not break often...my FIL, BIL, and myself worked these on 100 acres of Orchard and worked them hard....good machine!!!

854WH

comfy seat,better than the steel pan 854 one