Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

America's Got Talent update

nylyon

For those who are interested, here's the update of my daughters audition for America's got Talent.

My 13 year old daughter Megan decided to auditon for America's got Talent at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York City Sunday 11/14/2010. She downloaded all the application and permission paperwork and filed it out. Because we live in an area with continuous train service to Manhattan Grand Central Terminal, we decided to take the train.

We left home at 3:50am arrived at GCT and walked to the Javits center. Megan was excited to pass some very famous sites and landmarks. We arrived at the Javits center at about 7:15am and the line was already over 2 blocks long. By 8:15 we entered the Javits center and passed through security. They searched all bags and we were scanned with hand held metal detectors. From there it was off to the paperwork area. Since Megan had filled everything out properly well ahead of time, we breezed right through. We were number 6040361. We went to enter what is called the "FUN" room but they were only taking up to 6040350, so we had to wait for about 1 1/2 hours. Finally we got to the FUN room, which wasn't much fun at all, it was just another holding area. About an hour later we were called to line up in the hall way. About 15 minutes later they took us 10 at a time to the audition room.

While we waited outside the audition room, Nick Cannon walked by and waived at everyone, which made all the contestants very excited. Finally they took our group of 10 inside. Originally the contestants were supposed to get 90 seconds to audition, but due to the massive number of people who showed up, they cut it to 60 seconds. They lined the contestants up against a wall like a firing squad, and called them one at a time to perform their act. Megan had practiced everything from her introduction down to her act, her 90 second act!

Finally she was called, she performed her introduction (and was the only one in the group that performed an introduction) then she performed her song, Already Gone by Kelly Clarkson. I had a tear in my eye watching her perform, and how well she did, I am sure that I was the proudest parent in the room! The Judges seemed to pay attention to her act, and loved her introduction. Was it enough for a call back? I really don't know, but I hope so. When we left the audition room, two other contestants told her how beautiful her voice was.

We left the Javits center, and I offered her lunch of her choice, Hard Rock Cafe, where ever, and she chose McDonalds near Broadway and loved every second of it!

She may or may not get a call back, but I am proud that she is following her dreams, and I am more than happy to support her every inch of her journey. Yesterday was a personal victory for her, and she is already proud of her accomplishments.

We got home by 4:30 PM which wasn't bad. There was another girl from our town who got to the audition at 10:00, and didn't leave the center until 8:00 PM, so I am really glad that we went early. We say several cameras taping the audition lines, and who knows, maybe we'll make it on TV some where?

You can bet that I will update everyone if she gets called back, and thank you everyone for your interest and support.

mavfreak

:thumbs: way to go! No matter what she should be so proud of herself as you of her. Some people can't or wont even go that far.

Lets hope and pray more is to come of this.

racinfool40

:thumbs: Sounds like the Experience itself is priceless And we will all hope and pray for a call back..Give her a big pat on the back from me!!!And A big GOOD LUCK!!!!MIKE....

whfan74

Congratulations Karl to you and your daughter. That takes a lot of guts to stand up in front of all of those people.......I don't care how old you are. Glad to hear you had safe travels. :)

Being an educator it is always nice to hear of these stories where the parents support their child's dreams. Unfortunately we see way too many situations where the parents have little to no interest in what their children are doing. My hat is off to you Karl! :thumbs:

Coadster32

Awesome!! :) Great experience for everyone involved. :thumbs: Thanks for keeping us up on this.

perry

way too go megan :thumbs: . that had to be a nerve racking day. hope to see you on TV :) .

VinsRJ

Sounds like a great day..... and McDonalds is perfect anytime! :thumbs:

I wish her the best of luck.

JimD

Best of luck to your daughter Megan. May all her dreams come true. :thumbs:

Sparky

I wish her the best of luck Karl.

So when she's famous and moves her parents to some mansion in Beverly Hills will you still remember us :thumbs: ?

Mike.......

rmaynard

:thumbs: Good luck. Hope she gets a call back. From what I understand, just getting to a producers audition is quite an accomplishment. Can't wait for the next installment.

Bob

Operator

:thumbs: Fingers crossed for Megan !

Will be watching for updates too!

Randy

mowerman1193

Wow!! That is really cool. Sounds like it was a good time. That would be great if she gets called back.

Kevin

Rollerman

Good to hear she did so well Karl & kept her calm.

I wish her luck!

horsefeathers

Karl thanks for the update!

Megan is a lucky girl to have parents that are helping her reach her goals!

Wishing you all the very best!

dclarke

Good luck Megan. i 'll be watching for updates Karl, Hope she gets a call back.

T-Mo

Karl,

I want to wish her luck also. It sounds like she's a fantastic girl who knows what she wants and isn't afraid of any obstacles to achieve them. For that, I know, you are proud. I hope she does get a call back, but if she doesn't, she's still has the courage and convictions to try and obtain what she wants - that will carry her far.

stevasaurus

me too...I want to wish her good luck also. That is a great story Karl, she is already a winner. :thumbs: