T-Mo

Finally Found My Dream Tractor (Almost)

T-Mo

I have been wanting a John Deere 455 every since I saw one. But instead I found this:

1354977_huge.jpg

A 1995 John Deere 445 - Basically a 455 but with a gas engine instead of the diesel engine. 22 hp liquid cooled Kawasaki engine, fuel injected, dual hydraulics, 18 inch front tires, 26 inch rear tires, 60 inch deck, tilt wheel, power steering, differential lock - a beast of a tractor weighing in at over 1000 lbs. It has a lot of hours, a few cosmetic flaws, but runs great. I pick it up next weekend.

• Like 1

ducky

nice. it not a :thumbs: but it looks in great shape

dclarke

Terry, i've always wanted one of those also. Glad you got one, good luck with it. :thumbs:

Gene_S

Good find there Terry... :thumbs:

I used a 455 JD one time to relevel my yard after having 3500 yard of dirt added. My D160 at the time was to tired to pull the spike tooth and a friend loned me his 455... What a power house! If the tractor would even start to spin out, I'd push the rear dif. lock and off she'd go...

Sparky

Looks good Terry. So is it the the same size as a wheel horse "D"?

Mike.........

truckin88

very nice, my personal dream is the 322 garden tractor w/ diesel

mavfreak

nice tractor.

I have always wanted a 318 and have been waiting for a deal no one. Nothing wrong with a green tractor especially one as good as the that one.

T-Mo

Mike,

I would say the WH D and the JD 4x5 are pretty close in size - I would have to see them side by side to really say for sure. The 4x5 replaced the 420/430 in the JD line in 1993. You can get a category 0 3 point hitch for them and there's a bunch of attachments and implements for the series, including front loader, 4-way snow blade, hydraulic tillers, brooms, etc. The deck is shaft driven (I'm not sure if I like that, but...), it has a shaft driven transmission that's about as heavy duty as Tuff Torq offers. What's nice about them is you can operate rear and front attachments separately since it has dual hydraulics. It's not a 455, but it has everything a 455 has, but the diesel engine.

Rollerman

Nice find Terry.

I like any of the JD 4XX/4X5 series tractors.

I remember almost getting a 445 awhile back with the rear steer, but fell through.

Does this mean your going all green again?

T-Mo

Stephen,

No - I plan to keep as much of the other colors as I can. Variety is the spice of life.

jusjeepn

I have a buddy who has a all of these mentioned here and more! 3 points, suitcase weights, tillers, all for sale!

chris11

We have one of those 455 at work, not as big as a d250. but its got some power.

LeonardS

The 322 with a diesel is a 332. And you are right, they are great tractors!!

Leonard

T-Mo

The 322 with a diesel is a 332. And you are right, they are great tractors!!

Leonard

The 322 is a very nice tractor also - 3 cylinder GAS Yanmar engine. The 322 and the 330/332 is a 318 with better engines.

dennist

Just sold my 318 and 430 this fall- the 430 with power steering was awesome, but I came across a 40 loader attachment and waiting on a 455 also. I would get a 445 for the right price, but I am really hoping on the 455. Let us know how the 445 goes. Thanks-Dennis

Sarge

A friend of mine had both a 445 and 455 for his biz, either one was a killer machine. The 445 , at 950 hrs crapped the rings out of both cylinders suddenly. We found out after talking to the local JD mechanic to check the injection butterfly and sure enough, it was worn completely out . The dirt is what killed the rings but oddly enough a quick cleanup job with a ball hone took care of the cylinders and left them just in spec. A new set of rings/gaskets and I had it back in one piece in a day, still runs perfect with no oil consumption. That Kaw is a tough engine for sure. I preferred the diesel just for it's extra torque grunt, what a machine....

We once mowed this 185x320' property in less than 20 minutes - his 445, 455 and 48" Toro walk behind w/sulky, what a rodeo..

Sarge

HorseFixer

Nice score JD! :thumbs:

wh500special

Nice machine T-MO!

I love the liquid cooled engines...soooooo quiet.

Do I spy with my little eye an MC519 hanging on the back?

Steve

T-Mo

The MC519 was already sold before I got there. I probably wouldn't use it anyways even if it was included. Now a 54 inch 4 way blade, 3 point hitch, rear hydraulic pto - now that I would have loved!

chris11

T Mo what do you have for wheelhorse tractors?

chris11

I Had a jd 300 offered to me Just have to many tractors now.

T-Mo

Chris,

If I was you I would take that 300, nice machine. It was the 140's replacement and most of the attachments from a 140 will fit a 300. Really nice machines.

4xfourfun

Neat tractor.

My JD 455 is a great tractor. Its rough on the outside but couldn't pass up the deal. Mine came with the 60" deck. I bought a NOS 3pt, rear PTO, and front lift hitch for a great price. All I need is the 54" blade to go on the front hitch!

My 140 and 332 don't get used much anymore.....

But, I was raised on a Wheel Horse 854 and like old Wheel Horse tractors the most.

Desko

I have been wanting a John Deere 455 every since I saw one. But instead I found this:1354977_huge.jpgA 1995 John Deere 445 - Basically a 455 but with a gas engine instead of the diesel engine. 22 hp liquid cooled Kawasaki engine, fuel injected, dual hydraulics, 18 inch front tires, 26 inch rear tires, 60 inch deck, tilt wheel, power steering, differential lock - a beast of a tractor weighing in at over 1000 lbs. It has a lot of hours, a few cosmetic flaws, but runs great. I pick it up next weekend.

I know this thread is old but we have a John Deere 455 and I must say the diesel is a shakey engine. IMHO I'd rather use my dads D-160 with the onan as its a lot more comfortable than the 455 it takes a little longer with the D as it has a 48" deck and the Deere has a 60" but the nice thing is it sips on the diesel but I don't like the fact they don't have a hydraulic fan like WH. All in all there both nice but I stand by the horse, how has this tractor been so far for you.. We've had our for 2yrs and it hasn't had an oil change because its every 250hrs and it just fly's through grass. And was wondering does yours mower miss on the far end when your cutting heavy grass?