Sign in to follow this  
rydogg

Pulled the trigger

rydogg

Well I wasn't gonna go for the deal I even tried to pass it on to Jason (aka casual observer) I mulled it over a bit and called the owner back and made a deal on a pair of complete D200's with 3 points and rear pto, also a deck, snow/dirt blade, mid mount grader and a rototiller, there is also a rear mount mower that he didn't think was for the wheel horses but after doing some research I believe it is so I will try to get that included also. I usually only pick up 55-64 round hoods but the deal was too good to pass up, the only problem is that the transmissions are not in working condition and if I am unable to repair or locate used ones I will probably just part the whole bunch out or do some trading for some round hoods. The wife and I are currently in the process of purchasing a small acreage and money is tight so I will not be taking possession of the Wheel Horses until mid December pictures will come then.

JBsDeere

:) :thumbs:

KB9LOR

If that is indeed a rear mount mower for the D Series, and you plan to part it out, please let me know! I have a D-160 that it would look nice on. lol!

rickv1957

sounds like a nice find! :thumbs: Rick

slufoot733

WOW, nice find. The D's are big tractors and sometimes the parts are hard to get your hands on (as I have found out). I am working on my fathers 1978 D-200 right now. I have it running and everything seems to be working for now. If you do decide to part out one or both of your D's please let us know. There are a couple parts I would like to have on hand for spares.

KT

Shuboxlover

If a rear end out of a D-160 will fit, I may have one that I would sell/trade you. It would make a nice little road trip for you.

Operator

If you do decide to part out the lot, can you keep me in mind for the tiller? I have an older gentleman up here in Wisconsin looking for one.

Randy

VinsRJ

Even with small acreage, a "D" can be very helpful. :thumbs:

jimbotelho

hi rick nice to see that you are back chiming in

rydogg

I'm going tomorrow morning to try to work out a deal on the d200's and attachments, we purchased our new home in December and I tried to pick them up after that but the owner didn't want to mess with them since they were buried in snow...hopefully we can come to an agreement and I will be bringing them home I just hope the Chevy can handle all the weight :thumbs: good thing they are only about 10 miles from me so I can take it easy. Pictures to come if all goes well :wh:

whfan74

Good luck Ryan.........I will be looking forward to hearing the story and seeing the pictures! :thumbs:

corn53

Cant wait to hear if u made the deal or not!!! Curiousity is killing me!!!

wh79d160

I hope you taking more than a chevy. I can get 2 D's & a tiller on my 7 x 10 trailer & that's maxed out. I have a 1/2 ton Z71. Good luck :thumbs:

hobie

Looking forward to pics! Sounds great! Brian

rydogg

Well, I just got back from making 2 trips to get all of this stuff good thing it was only 10 minutes from home I don't think my trailer could handle a longer trip we kinda loaded it too far to the front so it was really tongue heavy, I checked out the brush mower and found that it is definitely :D so that was included on the deal. We used a payloader to load most of the stuff which worked out great since these are VERY heavy tractors. I am missing some parts like the motor covers for one of the kohlers, the arms and center section for the 3 point on one tractor and maybe some other misc I haven't had time to look them over yet. Now I need to decide if I am gonna fix them, part them out, or sell the whole bunch all together since I just depleted a large portion of my swap meet money and there is one coming up in a week decisions decisions :thumbs: Enjoy the pictures :wh:

wheelhorse053.jpg

wheelhorse054.jpg

wheelhorse055.jpg

wheelhorse056.jpg

wheelhorse057.jpg

wheelhorse058.jpg

wheelhorse059.jpg

wheelhorse060.jpg

wheelhorse061.jpg

wheelhorse062.jpg

hobie

Nice! I'm jealous!

Operator

Nice find Ryan! Grader blade too? Found them down by in your neck of the woods. Did you get my PM reply?

rydogg

I had some time today so I pulled the tractor with the turf tires and chains on it into the garage, it looks kinda funny to see a 1055 pulling a d series tractor. First I pulled the cover off so I could get at the starter then I pulled the plugs and put some lube in the cylinders and cranked it over a bit by jumping the starter then I put the compression tester on each cylinder 100 psi each next I checked for spark there was none so I cleaned up the points and got spark, so now it time to fire this up so I rig up a funnel and hose so I can feed it fresh gas and give it a squirt in the carb and start cranking and it fires right up and runs like a top 45psi oil pressure, charging system works, hydro trans temp gauge works, trans works great, mid and rear lift works flawlessly, only problem is the hour meter is going backwards it reads 8000 hours. I need to clean the tank and replace the fuel lines and give it a good test drive but so far so good. The other one will be next I looked at the hour meter and that one reads 135 hours it is a lot nicer but I don't think the hours are correct.

hobie

My wish list: dozer blade, tiller, snow blower...