Sign in to follow this  
red hot

charger 10 or raider 10

red hot

I have a charger 10 with a 6 speed rear end. should i take off the decals and just call it a raider 10?

wheelhorse656

i wouldent the motors are diffrent in the charger than they are in the raiders. plus the i.d tag would say diffrent. p.s. ones a kholer ones a tecumseh.

CasualObserver

That's not correct.

Raiders and Chargers had the same engines...

1968 Raider 9 - Tech HH-100

1968 Charger 9 - Tech HH-100

1968 Raider 12 - Kohler K-301

1968 Charger 12 Kohler K-301

1969 Raider 10 - Tech HH-100

1969 Charger 10 - Tech HH-100

1969 Raider 12 - Kohler K-301

1969 Charger 12 Kohler K-301

and so on and so on...Somewhere in here they discontinued the Tecumsehs and went to only Kohlers for a few years... there are some Tecumsehs in other later models too.

The difference between Chargers and Raiders is the transmission.

red hot... I wouldn't bother with the decal.... unless it really bothers you, or unless you want to restore it. You more likely have a Raider that someone changed the tank tray or hood stand on, or maybe a machine built from spare parts. (there's plenty of those running around) What's the ID tag say? (its on the hood stand, underneath the dash... or it should be if you have one.)

rickv1957

:thumbs: Rick

Roger from southern Iowa

:thumbs:

wheelhorse656

whoops i was thinking of the the charger 10s having a tecumseh but the 12s having a kholer. same with the raiders sorry about the mistake. p.s. :thumbs:

TT

Some Charger 12's had Tecumsehs too. :wh:

Please allow me to present a model # 1-7253 ~ 1970 Charger 12

1970C12004.jpg

HH-120 engine:

1970C12003.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:) , "red hot".

Get us some numbers and/or pictures and we'll see what you have. :thumbs:

red hot

the id plate has 1-6931 on it. if any one can help me on finding parts for this in the mansfield area. used parts thanks red hot

HankB

the id plate has 1-6931 on it. if any one can help me on finding parts for this in the mansfield area. used parts thanks red hot

That's the model number for a Raider 9. You can go to https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?...es&xCaller=Toro and enter that model number (use 'none' for the serial number) and get some additional information.

For help with parts it would probably be good to let us know what you need.

best,

hank

red hot

i went to that toro.com page and added all the info and came up with zero results.heres some info i put in. modle 1-6931 charger 10. motor hh100-115095b10, 10 hp,electric start, rider,5060 rear end not for sure about the voltage. well anyway going out to drain the motor oil and gear oil now. by the way is there any type of product i can put in the motor and rear end to flush them out? :thumbs: red hot

rmaynard

Try this link:

http://www.smallenginepartswarehouse.com/parts.asp

Select Toro Consumer Equipment, then click on model tab and insert 1-6931.

Your tractor parts manual will be pulled up. If you click on a part number, you will be able to find out if the part is still available or if the number has changed. Shop around various online Toro sites for best price. My choice is Mowpart.com.

Kerosene or diesel fuel works good in transmissions. I would not flush the engine, only drain and replace the oil with the recommended viscosity.

Bob

CasualObserver

i went to that toro.com page and added all the info and came up with zero results.heres some info i put in. modle 1-6931 charger 10. motor hh100-115095b10, 10 hp,electric start, rider,5060 rear end not for sure about the voltage. well anyway going out to drain the motor oil and gear oil now. by the way is there any type of product i can put in the motor and rear end to flush them out? :thumbs: red hot

You put in too many parameters for the search function. Less is better. I would just click on the 'model search' words and put in the 1-6931. That will get you what you need. Then go to Http://www.mywheelhorse.com and get the manual.

As for the trans flush, like Bob said, kerosene works fantastically... oil, just drain and refill.

SMITTY

From a somewhat newbei I have a model 17931 serial 408416. Labeled as a charger 10 with a 10 hp Kohler. Is it somthing special. :thumbs:

HankB

From a somewhat newbei I have a model 17931 serial 408416. Labeled as a charger 10 with a 10 hp Kohler. Is it somthing special. :thumbs:

Yes! A Charger 10 is a great machine. They don't make those any more. Take good care of yours and it will provide many years of service.

And BTW, :)

Also... Even though we've seen pictures of Charger 10s before, we would be interested in pictures of yours.

I think the OP had questions about what model he really had. The Charger should be an automatic but he has a gear transmission so some parts have been swapped. That's not at all unusual for something that old.

best,

hank

1-7931 is the model number for a Charger 9 which should have an automatic trans and 10 HP Tecumseh engine. It seems like some stuff might have been swapped on yours as well.

qd-16

For parts in Mansfield, oh. area, try Motter's. They are are toro dealer on rt. 42

red hot

thanks for the info. readers. got to get ready for work now i will work on my winter project some more tomorrow :thumbs: red hot