Sign in to follow this  
hoppy

Any track driven wheel horses out there?

hoppy

Are ther or were there any track driven wheel horse models out there? i am into vintage snow mobiles and one of my machines is a '64. chain driven track assy.

what they refer to as a "snow machine". kinda had me thinking......would be a cool custom. i know wheel horse dabbled with snowmobiles a bit but im talking a tractor with a track.

wh79d160

Someone fabed one out of a c-series I think, that looked pretty cool. I think Kelly knows the guy or may have posted a picture. It may have been for sale. That would be a cool idea. I think you should build it. :thumbs: :)

TT

There have been quite a few dozer-style conversions over the years, but I've only seen one that was "intended" for snow. (I think it was a Bolens "something-or-other" with Wheel Horse sheetmetal)

I drew this one about a million years ago :) :

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1514

Not a snow machine, but someone should really build one. :thumbs:

rmaynard

As TT said, some have been made for snow. This is one that was shown at the WHCC show. It was from Canada.

407fc75d.jpg

ducky

As TT said, some have been made for snow. This is one that was shown at the WHCC show. It was from Canada.

407fc75d.jpg

do any one know who owns that? it would be neat to build something similar. or just a trac mower i time.

Don1977

I posted one in this tread, that some one from the UK built. It's a Marriage between Wheel Horse and A tracked materials mover. It's located on the second page. There are also a lot of good looking Horses, take a look.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...opic=21505&st=0

whfan74

407fc75d.jpg

do any one know who owns that? it would be neat to build something similar. or just a trac mower i time.

I am just guessing it is owned by Roy S. in Canada. Even though I don't see this actual tractor on his website he still might be the one that owns but I could be wrong. He has.....well let's just say a very impressive collection. :) Here take a look........if you don't have Wheel Horse envy after looking through his photos then you must be dead! :thumbs:

http://rbwheelhorsestables.yolasite.com/

clintonnut

That is Tony Beuggers machine he is from Canada

fireman

Here is a website for a company that sells plans to convert a Wheel Horse to a dozer. It even has video of him using it. Pretty awesome machine!

Wheel Horse Dozer Plans

CasualObserver

The one pictured above looks like a Bolens Hus-ski or Diablo Rouge with Wheel Horse sheet metal... there are also pictures around here somewhere of a Lennox Kittytrack with Wheel Horse sheet metal. (yes... for some strange reason, the furnace people built a tracked garden tractor for a couple years in the off-season... google it... it's a neat little collectible machine!)

The only "factory" tracked Wheel Horses are the Wheel Horse Safari snowmobiles that were made from 1970-1972. You can see more details about them on my website. http://www.vintagewheelhorses.com/snowmobiles

chris sutton

Hi everyone. Iam the guy in the UK that built the crawler that don refers to. my name is chris sutton :thumbs:

neil

hi chris

ive seen your crawler and it looks great perhaps you could get a few pics of it on here for us

Neil from bridgwater somerset UK :thumbs:

hoppy

dont get me wrong the diablo or hus-ski is cool but not really true wheelhorse is it.

what would really impress me is if that was a real wheel horse tractor that had been converted over to a track machine...........ive been thinking about this for two days. it can be done but would be tricky.

sorekiwi

hi chris

ive seen your crawler and it looks great perhaps you could get a few pics of it on here for us

Yes Chris, what he said!

Nice looking build, I'd love to see more pictures.