Sign in to follow this  
Curmudgeon

Dale's C121 (Georgie)

Curmudgeon

Got the new girl home today. Here are some pictures as requested. You even get the bonus of another shot of my Horse Hauler.

Just home, still loaded:

Intruck.jpg

Georgie with snowthrower attached, 42" rear discharge deck. Notice also the wheel weights:

Rightfront.jpg

Another, more rearward shot. Take note of weight bracket and weights:

Rightrear.jpg

Not pictured, but there were tire chains with it also, I removed them for for loading and unloading.

Dale, that makes 11, in Michigan

nylyon

That's nice! The rear weights, is that a Wheel Horse part, or something else? I don't think that I've ever seen that before. Good looking setup though!

refracman

Dale nice score there, and the hauler aint to bad either

Steve, got the itch now to go wranglein

T-Mo

Yes, tell us more about the rear weights and the weight bracket - it looks interesting. Nice score on the tractor and accessories.

kj4kicks

Sweet deal there ....and a cool bed extension on the hauler ! Looks like you've done this before !!

So when do you make it an even dozen ?

Eldon.

perry

thats a good haul there. everything looks to be in very good shape. i to like that hitch extension.

Curmudgeon

The rear wheel weights are what I'm sure I've talked about before. 25 pound bar bell weights. There are two of them on each side, might be more smaller ones inside. I'm always preaching use these instead of ruining your rims with fluid.

The rear weight bracket and weights were built by my brother. The bracket slips over and under the rear axle, extending forward to hook into the mid tach-a-matic hitch. It weighs about 75 pounds. Those particular weights hanging on it weigh 50 pounds each. Originally they were used in a road grader I believe, and were bought as used metal at the local scrap yard. I have a crap load of those, plus three 100 pound weights I made up from 2"x12" flat steel.

I made my own weight bracket, very similar to this one years ago. If I put all the weight it'll hold on the rear, and don't add anything to the front, it can hardly be driven as the front will only be putting about 10 pounds to the ground. I can counteract that with other weights however! I can get pictures of the bracket off the tractor, and weights if anyone is interested.

This is how I know the rear axles can be twisted, and I didn't even use all the weight I had!

I'll make it an even dozen soon as I can!!! Actually, if counted those I have a hand in, offsite such as the racer, I'm past that now. But since they aren't part of the official count, I don't count them. If I could get another engine or two, I think I have enough of everything else to assemble one or two. Of course, I'd like to get back to work on my articulated, which needs two transmissions, so then I'd be short of transmissions. I ran into a snag on that though, money mostly, and it's been way back in the pile for a long time. Been thinking of regrouping and attacking it again though from a slightly different angle.

Dale, in Michigan