Sign in to follow this  
Greg Parnell

My Daughter's 702

Greg Parnell

Hey Everyone,

This has been a long project and I've had to work on it when I could find the time but I am very happy with the results. This 702 is for my daughter, she's 2 years old and picked out the colors. She calls it her "Purple Horse".

The frame is a dark purple and the tins are a lighter purple. It has a K181 on it and both the engine and transmission work great. I took the photo at dusk today after I drove it around the yard. I used Rustoleum rattle cans to paint it and it took three different tractors to make this one.

I still have a few things to do to complete it but I wanted to show it to ya'll. My little girl loves her wheel horse and that means the world to me.

Nov2-42010022.jpg

btrrg1969

looks like you did a fine job :thumbs:

racinfool40

I like it and just showed my daughter she said SWEET!!! Thats what its all about!!!Thanks for sharing!! :thumbs:

wh79d160

My wife loves it also. :):wh: What have you done? We just got a 702 & I can see the wheels turning in her head :thumbs: I'm going to have to hide it @ the neighbors. Yours looks great though. :)

stevebo

For some reason I do not believe that will be her last one :thumbs: Both my kids (3 and 7) each have 2 tractor that I say are my kids tractors... get some pics with her on it and post em up !!

AMC RULES

Man, that thing is too cool. Now my wife wants one that color as well. You did real good there buddy. :thumbs:

Ken B

Nice Job!

daemon2525

Well that is cool!. If you don't mind me asking, I am building a 555/702 with k181 and was told that to get it to fit under the hood that I needed a small ait filter etc.

Is that true? How did yours work? Is there any other secrets that I need to know?

BTW I am making my 1962/xx2 for my grandbaby who is 2 also. (he turns 3 in december)

wheelhorsec85

:thumbs: very nice job there . the color actually grows on you . and very happy to hear it is a father daughter hobby :)

kpinnc

My little girl loves her wheel horse and that means the world to me.

And that is all that matters! :thumbs:

Even so, Looks great to the rest of us too! :)

JimD

Very nice! I wish I still had a daughter young enough to want one just like it. :thumbs:

chris11

I like the colors on there. Looks great. :thumbs:

bitten

Looks like that is what Barnie would mow with.

Thats what my 11 year old daughter said about it.

Greg Parnell

Thanks everyone.

Larry, it is a tight fit between the hood and air cleaner, I used a filter from Car Quest part number 87372, it cost about $8.50. They had to order it and I picked up the filter the next day. I also had to fabricate a new bracket on the drive belt guard where it bolts to the engine, the one I had didn't fit.

whfan74

That is one cool looking tractor. My 4 year old daughter called my dad about two weeks ago and told him that she wants a pink tractor! :) So we picked up a little Lawn Ranger last week and it will get a new pink coat to wear. I just hope we can get it done before she gets tired of the tractors.

Thanks for posting the pictures...........you did a fine job and something the two of you can share together! :thumbs:

Horse'n Around

Thats awesome. its so wonderfull when a person can share their passion or hobby with others in the family, and it is even better when it is a child. When a child really gets into something, it is eyeopening and infectious expecially when it is shared as a family. Your lucky to share this hobby together, its truly a blessing! :thumbs:

John

horsefeathers

Greg, The one eyed, one horned, flying purple people eater!!

That's right ! Get them kid's envolved in something!

Before they get envolved in something! :thumbs:

Got a '60 suburban picked out for my grandaughter!

We'll paint it and she will add the graphics to make it her own!

I love spendin' time w/ my grandaughter she's 3 now and knows what she want's!

She want's everything!!! Typical woman! :)

Time with your kids is time well spent!!! Trust me! I know!

:wh: HORSEFEATHERS!