Sign in to follow this  
Zeek

Good Price for C-121??

Zeek

Hello,

I'm a newbie here looking to buy a Wheel Horse to restore. It seems to be a pretty big thing here in my area. I live minutes from the Williams Grove Steam Engine Association where they have a week long show in the fall which I must say is a pretty good time even if you don't have a tractor.

William Grove Steam Engine Show

Anyway I found the tractor listed below for sale. It's a C-121, it runs, I don't know the year. Comes with a deck only, no other attachments. He wants $650 which seems steep. It shows about 1,100 hours on the meter. Any input on price and potential problems with this model, please let me know. Thanks!

I think this URL will get you to the pictures:

C-121

KB9LOR

That is a C-125 not a C-121 lol! and it is in pretty good shape, but I think a little steep, but I would offer 525.00 and go from there, but then again, if you like it then buy it, it is all about if you are happy with it. Here is my wisdom,

EVERYONE askes more than they want for items, say he really wants 550.00 he will take that and any over is gravy, I never give full asking price on anything! I know when I price my stuff I even ask more than I want, heck it makes the buyer feel he is getting a good deal, and we both win. Kinda wierd, but it works for me.

rueger-99

$650.00 is pretty steep in my book. :thumbs: I'd offer no more than $400 and walk away, but I'm not you. There's plenty of good deals out there yet to be found. I would personaly rather have a c-121 as I like the looks of it better.

Zeek

That is a C-125 not a C-121 lol! and it is in pretty good shape, but I think a little steep, but I would offer 525.00 and go from there, but then again, if you like it then buy it, it is all about if you are happy with it. Here is my wisdom,

EVERYONE askes more than they want for items, say he really wants 550.00 he will take that and any over is gravy, I never give full asking price on anything! I know when I price my stuff I even ask more than I want, heck it makes the buyer feel he is getting a good deal, and we both win. Kinda wierd, but it works for me.

My mistake on the Model - you are right 125.

hodge

I agree with the above posts, but I would say, it depends how scarce they are in your area. If they are plentiful, I would offer less, and keep looking if he won't come down. That looks to be a good tractor, but I have bought ones in at least as good a shape, for less than half that. But, that is regional. Only you can decide, and only you know how bad you want it. Either way, good luck with your search, and have fun! This is just the start...

wheel horse 1045

$650.00 is pretty steep in my book. :thumbs: I'd offer no more than $400 and walk away, but I'm not you. There's plenty of good deals out there yet to be found. I would personaly rather have a c-121 as I like the looks of it better.

i would have to agree but its your money so good luck.