Sign in to follow this  
ducky

I brought a new one home

ducky

here is my new old wheel horse it a 1968 raider 9. I got it off eBay. i went down to Milton In. this morning to pick her up. here is some pic of her n the attachments the pull behind spreader is for sale 50.00 obo here is the pic of the tractor, plow, mower deck, and the pull behind spreader.

whradier9011.jpg

whradier9010-1.jpg

whradier9009-1.jpg

whradier9008-1.jpg

whradier9007-1.jpg

whradier9006-1.jpg

whradier9005-1.jpg

whradier9001-1.jpg

whradier9002-1.jpg

whradier9003-1.jpg

:thumbs: now the bummer part the tractor ran when i loaded it and after a 5hr ride it wont start. i do know it needs a ignition switch the one that is on there the terminal for the starter wire is loose and wont make connection very well. but the PO i bought it form said he had trouble starting it and what i saw of the wiring. Ive seen better rats nest. ill post pic of the wiring tomorrow when i get the tank removed and the engine side cover removed to see where the wires go. and maybe i can find some casting no. so i can find out what the motor is there is no markings on the cover.

B-8074

Looks like a good solid tractor.

ducky

the tractor is solid. and in nice shape other than the wiring and it needs some new tires. :thumbs: I'm thinking of AGs all the way around

TT

maybe i can find some casting no. so i can find out what the motor is there is no markings on the cover.

Should be an HH-100 (10hp) Tecumseh.

Watch what you're doing when playing with the wiring. A wrong connection of battery voltage through the kill wire to the solid-state ignition could cost a lot of money.

ducky

i have a wiring diagram im going to fallow and im going to replace the ignition the plug wire has a crack in it and some one along the way thought duck tape fixes every thing the wire was taped with it along with the fuel line and some other stuff. i think some on has already has crossed the wires and messed the ignition coil up i think that is why there is a starting problem. :thumbs: i think or it the ignition switch.

whfan74

:thumbs: Looks nice and solid......even some newer rims and tires on the back!

horsefeathers

Ducky, I'll bet you have a good case of truck butt tonight!

The Raider looks like a fine tractor for you!

Have fun w/ it! Good to see you again brother!

Enjoyed meetin' Buckeye Bill Too!!!

I luv your new avatar!!! Cool!

Horse'n Around

maybe i can find some casting no. so i can find out what the motor is there is no markings on the cover.

Should be an HH-100 (10hp) Tecumseh.

Watch what you're doing when playing with the wiring. A wrong connection of battery voltage through the kill wire to the solid-state ignition could cost a lot of money.

+1 Terry saved the day for me when I rewired my Raider and changed it to a solenoid system. I bought the wrong ign switch which was for a Battery Ign instead of one for a Magneto system and by doing so I nearly and honestly should have fried my solid state ign by putting 12 volts into the kill wire. Thanks to Terry, I got the right switch and everything works perfect. Thats a really a sweet tractor you got there, you snagged lots of great goodies with it too . Now thats how you Trick or Treat :thumbs: !!!!!

John

Raider

It seems like there have been a lot of Tec powered Raiders showing up lately. That is a solid looking machine and if the engine is healthy you should find the HH100 to have quite a bit of snort!

buckeyebill440

Nice haul Steve! Looks to be a solid tractor, I'll have to come over and check it out. It was good meeting you too Bud, always good to meet another member. By the way, how much cheap beer went home with that horse?!!!