Sign in to follow this  
Sodaking27

Bad Day

Sodaking27

It's been one of those days. :thumbs: I decided to put the snow blade on my 310-8 today. I had purchased at the show and was assured it would fit my 310. All was going well until I went to bolt the lever on the angles the blade. Leaver was hitting the front of the footrest. Made a quick trip to my father in laws to take some measurements since he had his blade already mounted on his C series. Discovered my blade is 2 inches shorter than his :) Ok so I went to back the 310 into the garage and the shift lever for the trans comes off in my hand. So my question is : does it just fit into a slot or something? I tried sticking it back in the hole, but I could not change the gears. Can you guys give me some help with this? :wh:

B-8074

Is the axle bracket in front of the axle or behind?

Sodaking27

B-8074 Are you referring to the bracket that bolts on to the rearend for the snow plow? If so there is only one way it will go.

YNOT

I believe the shift lever is held in with a screw and lock nut

Remove shift cover (4 screws)

Identify set screw

Loosen screw and try setting lever back in

I am not sure if you broke something internally, but if it slips back in and it shifts your good to go

Tighten set screw

Good Luck

Tony

B-8074

Is the ball on the shift lever?

Sodaking27

Ball is still on shift lever. I tried slipping it back in the hole and it goes in but doesn't fell like its hitting anything. It just keeps going in further and further. Set screw is still there also.

B-8074

There is a small indent on the shifters ball. You have to hold the shifter so that that ball is almost flush with the opening and screw the set screw in to hold it. Screw it in just far enough the it goes into the indent and holds the shifter in place. Then tighten the nut on the set screw so it won't back out.

btrrg1969

the set screw goes into the ball , it holds it up as well as in . If I understand your problem

btrrg1969

too slow in answering

Buzz

B-8074 Are you referring to the bracket that bolts on to the rearend for the snow plow? If so there is only one way it will go.

Not really. It can be mounted so the latch/opening is beneath the axle or so that it is front of the axle. On my 856 it's below the axle, if I mount it in front of the axle it moves it forward around 2 inches. That's enough that the lever hits the footrest. It's worth a try

B-8074

Try spining it so the lock levers are in front of the axle.

TT

Try spining it so the lock levers are in front of the axle.

:thumbs:

The notches are centered under the axle:

052808007.jpg

Lever orientation wouldn't matter.

Sodaking27

Ok figured out the trans shifter issue. Removed the seat and seat pan so I could get a good look. Discovered the set screw had broken off. I was lucky that a few threads was still sticking out of the trans and was able to get the piece out of the trans. Off To the dealer tomorrow for a replacement set screw and new boot. After further checking on the blade and reading some post. I have come to the conclusion that I have the short snow blade and I need the long frame one.

sawhorse

My snow blade was from a c-160 and I ran into the same problem. My solution was to cut off the angling lever and all its parts. I have to get off the seat and reach down to change the angle but it doesn't bother me.

Forest Road

I got tired of my angle bar getting pulled out from under the front of the plow. I just took the handle off. I just ordered the cable from newer plows and the hardware to attatch it to the release pin. In theory I'll fasten a release handle to the handle for my lift mechanism. Then I can push the blade left or right by turning the wheels and moving forward.