Sign in to follow this  
3spaniels

Which models have ACR engines?

3spaniels

Well, the curiousity of it all is killing me. I have two somewhat newer model Toro/Wheelhorses. A 267H from 1996 and a 268H from 2000. Both have the V-twin Kohler that work good for what I am doing currently. However, I am thinking an older geardriven Wheelhorse. The problem is I do not care for the automatic compression release engines! :wh: What models have them? :) Or perhaps it is easier, what models do not have them? :thumbs:

Freebyrd1

I can tell you that 85 314A has it. I'm interested why don't you like it? :thumbs:

Don1977

I think all the K-series has it.

Anglo Traction

All 'K' series Engines , except for the K91.

3spaniels

While I have not owned one yet, I have a number of aquintances that do and most of the complain of hard starting all the time. I guess my dislike, or perhaps preference is a better way to say it is based on their experiences and not mine. Perhaps others here can enlighten me further?

TT

It's odd that someone would tell you that a "device" to make starting an engine easier makes them harder to start. :thumbs:

A good tune-up, fresh fuel, and a strong battery and the old Kohlers will be running before you can let go of the key. :)

If that doesn't suit, go with an Onan-powered machine like the 416-8, or the newer 312 or 315 "Classic" models with the single-cylinder Kohler Command. :wh:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Technically not ALL of the K series engines have the ACR. There were quite a few of the early models with centrifugal spark advance.